DYFI DAILY OBS & CAPTURES - JUNE to SEPTEMBER 2021

Telyn & Idris are raising 2 healthy osplets, #1 & #3, following the accidental suffocation of #2.

Update - end July

Dysynni

Ystwyth

Almost synchronised ruffle:

IMAGICAT

• Fabulous Proms concert on Radio 3 tonight.  Definitely worth trying to catch on replay at some point and it may or may not have been filmed as well.  It was Katrin (oops--Catrin!) Finch and Seckou Keita, harpists originally from Wales and Senegal respectively.  Of course you may or may not know that Osprey Mum Telyn (Welsh for 'harp'), the third Queen of the Dyfi, is named Telyn because of this duo.  The two harpists did a concert for the Dyfi a few years ago and wrote a lovely piece called 'Clarach.'   While Clarach was only the seventh Dyfi chick hatched since the Dyfi Osprey Project began and the fifth to fledge, she was the very first Dyfi chick known to have returned to Wales and the UK.  The 'Clarach' piece also acknowledges the summer and winter homes of UK Ospreys and of the original homes of the two harpists, also the return of Ospreys to the Welsh landscape after I don't know how many hundreds of years.  The concert began with 'Clarach;, and continued with more fantastic music! Have a listen to at least some of it, whether or not you think it might not be your cup of tea!

Kind regards, Ann

• I expect that will be on BBC Sounds.  Thanks for all the history lessons, GARDENBIRDER, on previous page and this Blush

Thanks for the snaps, OLAF !!! Slight smile

The nearer sib had left fish on the nest, no-one interested at that time:

Later, Dysynni was very cross because sib had finished fish without sharing:

This wasn't long before they both went up the apples 'n pears:

IMAGICAT

• Dsynni on nest shouting for Wales, answered in fine voice by his sister
  • Unknown said:

Fabulous Proms concert on Radio 3 tonight.  Definitely worth trying to catch on replay at some point and it may or may not have been filmed as well.  It was Katrin (oops--Catrin!) Finch and Seckou Keita, harpists originally from Wales and Senegal respectively.  Of course you may or may not know that Osprey Mum Telyn (Welsh for 'harp'), the third Queen of the Dyfi, is named Telyn because of this duo.  The two harpists did a concert for the Dyfi a few years ago and wrote a lovely piece called 'Clarach.'   While Clarach was only the seventh Dyfi chick hatched since the Dyfi Osprey Project began and the fifth to fledge, she was the very first Dyfi chick known to have returned to Wales and the UK.  The 'Clarach' piece also acknowledges the summer and winter homes of UK Ospreys and of the original homes of the two harpists, also the return of Ospreys to the Welsh landscape after I don't know how many hundreds of years.  The concert began with 'Clarach;, and continued with more fantastic music! Have a listen to at least some of it, whether or not you think it might not be your cup of tea!

Thank you Gardenbirder, I listened to it last night but didn't know that Telyn was named for this, that her name means harp. It's a beautiful piece, got rapturous applause from the Prommers, here's the link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sound... (Available for 47 days from 24th August)

• Thank you GARDENBIRDER and GMEFF I will certainly listen to that I have theCD that was produced at the time of the Dyfi concert and am often playing it
  • Beautiful harps! I remember the Clarach theme on Dyfi's amazing banding video and listened to the concert till piece n° 11 (Beethoven- Diabelli Variations, op. 120) .. I will continue in the afternoon: It's a must.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urnm8Aync5s

SOAR - Shivering music > Ringing 10 Juli 2018 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DN7RRS44Js&t=13s

Don't forget 1R-Cerist & 2R-Clarach > banded 8 AUG 2013:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNov4v_tdyU

• 24 August

Only Dysynni appeared first thing in the morning:

2 osps and a corvid?

A very quick glance, just in time for a wave:

I ignored him the first time he had a close-up cos he's a bit scruffy-lookin', but he came back again so...

Dysynni back in the afternoon:

I  haven't seen a fish yet.

No sooner said than done, said Idris Smiley 

A massive Mullet:

Eventually Dysynni took it up to Monty's perch, displacing 2 corvs, and someone perched on the opposite end, they were both gone at the same time and last seen a bit after 18:00.

The cam went down @ about 01:40.

IMAGICAT

• Emyr has got us back up MC. Windows Update was the cause!
    New link:- www.youtube.com/watch
  • Scylla    25 Aug 2021 4:40 AM

24 August:

Only Dysynni appeared first thing in the morning

Fabulous photos, Scylla! Especially the close-up head shot, what a pretty girl she is.

• Thanks, GEEMEFF, very generous Hugging 

Mike B said:
    Emyr has got us back up MC. Windows Update was the cause!

I was very late picking it up - just as well there have been no ospreys seen so far today Dizzy face 

Disappointed hopefuls keeping their spirits up:

IMAGICAT