Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 30 May 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a good week and a joyful, healthy, safe summer.

I think some of you might enjoy this recent OSPREY PHOTO. It's on the Facebook page of Dr. Frans de Waal, the renowned primatologist and biologist. (The page is safe and free of any malware.)

• Heather - Never admit to 'elderly'. I think 'over 21' covers it!

Raining here this morning, quite steadily. Ho hum ... was that summer we had for the past three days? Had a lovely time at Nymans yesterday, with a picnic lunch in the rose garden (no roses yet - everything is sooooo late this year!) but had the company of a very friendly juvenile robin who enjoyed some of my friend's Marmite sandwich. I had my usual picnic lunch of cheese and grapes, which probably would not have been appreciated.

Lindy - Third from a field of 80 is excellent - well done your OH. Must have been the shorts!
  • It's glorious here, and not too hot. My OH is now asleep in the garden, having been to the allotment and also washed both the cars. The window cleaner arrived and was slightly startled to be greeted by Bonnie in her big cone!!

Pat - He loves being able to wear shorts, but only does so when he's sure he won't be too cold in them!

I've come indoors to do some paperwork and also to consider doing some ironing, which seems criminal when the sun is shining, but does need doing! Thinking

We just heard of another death - the 3rd in the last weeks, and this time it's of a formidable lady we knew well for many many years -- she has outlived her much younger husband and now died peacefully aged 101!! A full life indeed.
  • Lindybird:  Wow.  Third in a field of 80 is pretty darn impressive.  Sounds like he deserves a nap in the garden  - and in his shorts!  

AQ; Oh dear, and I thought hormones were supposed to make us feel better, but my memory of all that dims with each passing year.  :-)    On some medical forms, there are often two questions:  When was your first......?   and  When was your last....?   Damned if I can remember either.   My answers are within a decade and I qualify them with a question mark.  

Laundry underway here, then must investigate the fountain which went off when the electric company did their upgrade and didn't come back on with the power, which is why I've always tried to clean it without turning off the pump, which has a balky impeller.  Sigh.  Then there's the garden, where weeds are doing very well.

Have noticed a young hawk in the garden; flew right by me this morning then perched briefly on the wires before zooming off again.  It was lurking in the orange tree last week....

• Thanks for all news and photos.

Lynette - sorry about falls yet again.

Heather - hadn't realised you are also falling!

Car seat man really wanted to help and din't try to force the geometry of my legs to fit the seat. He did a temporary fix by insertin a couple of nuts to lift the actaual seat part; that made some difference - actually got my legs past the door! He and we had noticed a "lifter" optional extra so we have almost convinced ourselves that will get me the rest ofg the way in! It has been ordered from Sweden for me, and he will come and fit it here at home.

Forgive lack of replies to everyone - wonderful summer weather, so busy in the garden - OH in the veggies and me removing dead growth from spring bulbs - more than I knew we had!
  • OG: Sounds like some progress with the car seat..... Maybe the Swedish 'lifter' will be tall, blonde and handsome? :-)
  • Retirement takes the fun out of weekends.

When you retire, you switch bosses – from the one who hired you to the one who married you.

I can’t wait to retire so I can get up at 6 o’clock in the morning and go drive around really slow and make everybody late for work.

• Too tired to chat. Dau & Co called afternoon, Twins to collect 7th b’day gifts, S-i-l to do odd jobs we cannot reach.
  • Good morning. Glad you've been able to see the children on their birthday, AQ.

Sunshine here again. Must dash!
  • Very thick fog this morning, which has now cleared. Yesterday it rained pretty much all day. Already today seems brighter with just a few fluffy clouds. Is summer returning? I'll reserve judgement!