Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 30 May 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a good week and a joyful, healthy, safe summer.

I think some of you might enjoy this recent OSPREY PHOTO. It's on the Facebook page of Dr. Frans de Waal, the renowned primatologist and biologist. (The page is safe and free of any malware.)

• Big rhododendron in our front garden is in full bloom now.

• The clematis on our archway -I showed it the other day and confused the picture with one of the clem in our apple tree.

Close up.

• Lynette- Pleased to hear that you finally got up to see your brother & family. I'm sure everyone enjoyed it.

We've had a mixed day - warm but mostly clouded over, so no sitting in the garden. My OH enjoyed his golf wearing his shorts, and said it was very pleasant as not too hot. He had a good round and came 3rd in a small competition they often have on a Thursday.
  • OG - Hope the car problem can be sorted. At least they sound as if they want to help you.

Annette- Your teeth will love you for it! Hope all went well.

• Thanks for all your news. Do hope you get your car sorted, OG. Lindy, love the pics of your flowers in bloom.
    Managed to get over to Edgeworth to our favourite icecream shop. They make the best icecream the old fashioned way . Been going to this shop for over 60 years on and off. Always nice to get into the countryside outside Bolton.
    Now back home and nursing some bruising after falling twice in the hotel room on Tuesday night. Attack of my twitching nerves which caused the falls. Never mind am mending slowly.
    Looking forward to our holiday in Scotland next month providing it still goes ahead. We have to pay for it this month so hopefully we'll know then.
  • Hallo:  Dentist and errands today and more sorting out of OH's retiree medical benefit plans.  Folks in the UK, should thank your lucky stars you have a single-payer system and don't have to mess with medical insurance.  It can be confusing  - and I understand this stuff!  God knows how some other folks manage.

Lynette:  Take care and watch  out for that twitchy nerve.

Lindybird:  Thank you again for lovely pix - that rhododendron is just gorgeous!  And congrats to your OH on his mini-tournament win.  

Hope OG's work guy showed up today....

Last Zoom yoga class tonight as the teacher is opening up her studio next week for the first time since last March.  She's limiting it to just a handful of people to start off with, including me, so I'm thrilled, but she'll still use Zoom for the time being for folks who prefer that.

Take care everyone.

• I spent a long time in waiting room, knitting, finally had pneumonia jab, more knitting while waiting for GP as I needed a referral. He was very understanding and agreed that I could not spend the next 5 years in deep depression. So, no more hormone tabs. I’ll take my chances with cancer possibly reoccurring. Now I have to summon energy to regain fitness and return to normal life. Oh and make appts for dentist checkup and car service. . .

• Just a thought

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. (Marthe Troly-Curtin)

• Good Morning. Sunny here again. Hope to get some more weeding done - the weeds loved all that rain we had before.

Lynette, gosh, do take care. You sound a bit wobbly.

AQ -- Sounds sensible to me, no point in living miserably. At least the Doc agreed. Hope you can now look forward to getting out and about more.

Annette - My OH was quite modest, as I asked him how many people had been in the competition, and he said 80!! Great that you can get to exercise "live" instead of on Zoom. 

• A brave and well thought out decsion, AQ. I'm glad that your doc was supportive.
    !lovely flowers, LINDY. I'm still waiting for my new gardeners to tell me when they will be renovating .Meanwhile my erstwhile herbaceous border seems to be a weed border. I'm having problems with knees and ankles and in my book, gardening should not be a painful activity!
    ANNETTE - Great to be able to give up the Zoom classes! Good luck with the admin....
    OG - I've been wondering about the vehicle, hope to hear when you feel like it. I guess you will be tired after a busy day yesterday.
    LYNETTE - take care. I've had two falls recently ( one in M and S !) And very fortunate not to have sustained any fractures. The joys of being - ahem - elderly !
    My son is driving North as I type. No doubt I'll be getting told off for all sorts of things over the next three days :-(