Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 23 May 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON 

and

HAPPY TOTAL LUNAR ECLIPSE!

A total lunar eclipse will occur this week. AQ will be able to see the entire eclipse from start to finish! Annette will see both the partial and total eclipse. I will see a partial eclipse. I'm so sorry, UK folks, you will need to stream it online, which is still a good show. You can live stream it HERE at the Time and Date YouTube site. 

Insert your location at the Time and Date website to see when to watch the eclipse in your time zone. For most of us, it will happen on 26 May, Wednesday. You can find info and answers to questions at the NASA site.

I hope everyone has a beautiful summery week and finds some joy!!!

Here are the eclipse times in UTC time.

• HEATHER Well intentioned but sounds like they will all be tripping over each other!

LINDY Poor Sue, bank holiday travel, you have to leave at the crack of sparrows!
  • Good Morning. A grey start here but much warmer.

Sue arrived in one piece eventually, after a long day. Took more than an hour longer than usual, due to many people heading off in the same direction. She found everything OK in Wales and is looking forward to her break.

We are getting ready for the whirlwind which is Amber, our granddaughter, who arrives with our son this afternoon.
  • Another sunny day with temp 4.8 C to 14.5 C. Similar cool night ahead. I finished another vest using up leftover wool. Next project a beanie using up the leftovers from gaudy pink . .

• Just a thought

They say it takes a minute to find a special person,
    an hour to appreciate them,
    a day to love them,
    but then an entire life to forget them.

• LINDY: Enjoy your time with Amber!!!
  • Well what a lot of catching up for me! Apologies for absence but my laptop has been in for repairs and I cannot do posting on my phone with my dodgy eyes.

Loved all the posts and the photos. OG Hope the Kitchen is nearing completion. Lindy - poor Bonnie hope she is recovering and that you have a wonderful visit from your Son and Amber.

AQ - great quotes as usual and sorry about your cold spell. Heather - hope the move goes well and no we are never released from our parental duties or worries about them. I can still hear my Mum telling to my 40+ brother to look both ways when he crossed the road out side her flat.

Loved the photo of the guy in the hat - there is no accounting for some people.

Dibnlib - I found an old (2007) postcard that I sent from one of our holidays in the highlands - it is of Eilean Donan Castle and I had sent it home to my late Daughter who was staying home to look after the cats. It is now on my bookcase to remind me that I have to go back. My other Daughter loves Scotland and did her gap 3 months touring round all the islands and she was the one that introduced me to Scotland a few years later.

To everyone else - I have read all the posts I promise!

Finally last weekend I went down to London for my Son's 40th Birthday. His Partner had booked a posh restaurant run by one of their favourite chefs - Jason Atherton. It was in the old Nat West Building in the city and they were on the 42nd floor - with lovely views over London. They send me a photo of the wine list - there was a bottle on there for £19,500!! which I have to say I find disgusting but if there are people with more money than sense that would pay for it then why not. I really hope that it was just filled with a really rough red that you can get for £5. On Saturday we went for a pub garden meal and on Sunday it was their son's 4th birthday, so another hectic day but well worth the 4 hours drive home (the dreaded Dartford Tunnel was reduced from 4 lanes to 2 on the lead up which I could have done without.

Have a good weekend all and enjoy the Bank Holiday if you have it.

• HARE Probably the most photographed castle in Scotland. Hope you come back before too long.
  • Sorry I suddenly went quiet - we have been trying to tie up so many loose ends (about 50% success).

Our new bin collection arrived by 7 am today! Grey with a red lid for one lot of recycling, Grey with blue lid for second categary and keep our old one for "real" waste - non-recyclables. We have to take glass to special glass bins around town or at the recycling centre (the tip), also the Weee recycling and batteries.go there. The new bins are full size wheelie bins - take up a lot of space by our back door, dread to think where some people with small back yards will have to tolerate them. Waste one goes out fortnightly instead of previous weekly and other two go out alterately four weekly. Ho hum, what? when? why? I suppose we shall get used to it.

Painter did not turn up on promised date for the window frames. We were going to assess his work with a view to the kitchen, so I think he has lost that possible job! But nobody can do that until kitchen fitter returns to put right the last two jobs.

Enjoying the better weather - trying to make sure I at least step outside each day.