Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 May 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful week!

• Yes, all's well here. Fully vaccinated now, Pfizer, just a slightly sore arm next day. no other side effects. I'm just looking forward to some kind of normality before too long. Take care all, tBoL :)
  • dibnlib - Yes, I think the Golf View was where we stayed. I remember it as very comfortable, with beautiful views. The only space I can remember clearly is the Reception area! But I know I had a very nice bedroom as well. A short walk to the golf course, and some lovely restaurants in Nairn and the surrounding area - the best venison I have ever tasted at the School House is a very good memory. I do remember playing at Dornoch in a 70mph gale ... well, playing the front nine holes anyway. Most of us gave up after that and were rescued by a Land Rover! Happy days!!

Hope everyone is keeping as well as possible - I sympathise with those with slightly unreliable knees. Don't think the weather is going to be up to much for the next few days ... remember last May's heat wave?

Lindy - So sorry Sue is still able to hear Boris. Must be heart-breaking for her. I hope the neighbour moves away very soon. And hopefully there will be another doggy friend for her soon.
  • Whenever you hear that everything is going as planned, someone is not telling the truth.

Interviewer: So tell me about yourself.
    Jobseeker: I'd rather not. I kinda want this job.

I don't work on weekends, or any other day that ends with "Y". 

• Sounds like a memorable stay, Pat.

Good Morning everyone. The Site is playing up again & I dare not write more.......
  • Thought I'd try it anyway, LINDY
    It's a dull day here, nothing special planned...
  • PAT O I think the schoolhouse is now called the classroom. We went there once when it first opened a good few years ago.

I am looking forward to afternoon tea with my friend E. I wonder if we will manage all the cakes?
  • dibnlib - It may well have been The Classroom then - I just remember it was something to do with school, and how excellent the venison was!

Miserable day here again. Lots of rain and cloud. Will I manage to get out for a walk in the dry? Maybe not ...
  • We began with grey skies, then it brightened up, then it rained, then it did a repeat of them all. Boo!

We made some home made veg soup, and I wondered how OG and EE are getting on with their new kitchen - any chance of it being finished yet?
  • Morning all:   Here are two photos (the usual poor quality!) of Cedar Waxwings at our fountain  yesterday.  I've never seen them there before.  They are really elegant little birds.  Took dozens of photos from a difficult position lolling in chair,  but many were even more blurry because there were up to 15 of them on or in the fountain at one time, splashing and generally flapping about.  The second photo shows one of their distinguishing marks - yellow tips at the end of their tail feathers, seen clearly on two birds: one in flight at top left and the other mid-frame on the far right.  When they're still with wings folded, you can also see a bright red splash of color at the tips of the wings.  They were very skittish and flew off at the slightest disturbance, but spent a couple of hours coming and going. Here's a link to much better images.  :-)    www.allaboutbirds.org/.../

• ANNETTE - lovely wee birds.

For LINDA and OTHERS: What does finished actually mean? Still waiting to hear when fitter has the doors for the laundry cupboard (wrong ones were provided) and shelf for oven housing top cupboard. Electrical work completed. Plumber came Saturday and connected new sinks but one was leaking around its outlet and he has just been and collected broken part and taken it home to see if he has a replacement! He hasn't yet fitted the filter and cooler . So we have been able to fill most cupboards and drawers, although shan't be sure we don't need to swap anything until all is done. OH can't do a couple of planned minor bits and pieces until we sign off on the job, and then there will be the carpet and decorating to be done ... ... so yes we are back in the kitchen and cooked our own meals all last week except for the day we had the elctrician at the consumer unit, which wasn't part of the kitchen project.

Tried to keep up with reading daily, but plenty of other stuff to think about.