Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 May 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, serene week! Stay safe, friends.

• Well, chatting to myself but that's nothing new. Hairdresser still couldn't get it right; no idea why - maybe she needs glasses? We'll see what happens next time I'm due for a cut.....
  • My supermarket still renovating. That may explain why I was longer this morn. One woman stormed past “I’m leaving, can’t find anything.”
  • Just a thought

Happiness is a thing to be practiced, like the violin. (John Lubbock)

• Hi, all. 

Sorry I've been reading but not replying. I'll try to catch up a little, even though the big Barred Owl woke me up last night booming out his mating call. I hope she accepts his advances tonight. After the owl startled me awake, I felt cold. We are still having frost almost every night. Temps are usually hot in Indiana by this time in May. Very weird. 

OG: I'm so happy for you! I hope the new kitchen is as lovely and functional as you envisioned. It sounds beautiful. I'm glad you had a good day today and felt a sense of purpose. Tell E-E hello. 

Lindy: I hope you're having a good time in Wales, and it's lifting your mood. I loved your poem. I'm sorry about Sue's dog/neighbor debacle. So very sad for her and the poor dog. Glad the neighbor is moving. I loved the photos of Bonnie, as well as your beautiful flowers. My favorite was that glorious Amaryllis. I wish I could see your lovely garden as a whole. It must be so impressive. I hope your knee is improving.

Clare: I meant to say that I'm sorry your Carer's Allowance increase was so small. 5 p is an injustice. Sending my best wishes to you and Limpy.

Annette: I wish I could see your beautiful garden, too. I so, so need a haircut, but I have to do it myself and it's grown long and wild. Every time I consider it, my brain says "Oh, #### no, not right now!" It makes me nervous to cut it. Glad your orioles have returned. I know how much you love them. I had a pair here the last couple of years, but I haven't seen them yet this season. I forgot to say that I'm glad you were able to see the recent rocket launch from the beach. I'd love to see one sometime. Did you see the news about the cyber attack on the south east pipeline? Looks like gasoline (petrol) prices may soar.

Heather: Glad you got to hear our cicadas! LOL I hope your daughter can resolve the work and house problems very soon. And I dearly hope that threatening man is held accountable. I don't envy her hunt for a house. Rents are very, very high here in the U.S., too. I don't know how people are handling their living expenses here.

AQ: I've enjoyed your quotes. I've been having torrents of cold rain. I wish I could send it all to you and Annette. I'm sorry your OH is having trouble with decision-making. I've read that's a common effect of his disease. I hope the new tablets are being kind to you. Your "posh" dinner sounded wonderful. Glad you had a nice meal.

dibnlib: I hope your friend is recovering well from her injury. Your sunset photo was beautiful. 

Hello to Harelady, Lynette, bjane, Pat, and anyone else my sleep-deprived brain has missed.

• Wasn't going to post today, then realised I won't be able to use power tomorrow as electrician is coming to do a long job at the consumer unit. This is partly to do with the kitchen supply, but is actually a job we had tried to get a quote for previously - an updating exercise.
  • Thanks for the warning OG - I hope all goes well tomorrow.

Well, we are back and although it's less than a week it looks like a lot has happened in our garden. Things grow fast at this time of year. I've already put the big heap of towels in the wash & told friends that we're back. I spent longer than usual cleaning before we left, as Sue is going to enjoy a few days in our holiday home at Whit. Her youngest son has a caravan not too far away, so she can coincide her break with theirs.

My OH did the hoovering as I dusted & wiped: he had a struggle as the hoover we have was not working properly last time we were there. I did suggest that he got it out at some point & have a look at it, but he left that until an hour before we were leaving <claps hand to head>

Edit: and its still not working well! I even persuaded him to get out the instruction book which he never does with anything.

• Oh dear, LINDY! He's not alone, especially as a farmer. They get so used to fixing things in the middle of a field in order to keep going !
    ANNETTE - no competition for the house as far as I know. Watch this space...
    OG - I had Flotex in the kitchen in my previous house and I liked it. Here, it's Karndean flooring. It was one of those things that I didn't argue or discuss with my darling boy ! He had fixed ideas about some things.
  • Hallo all:  Got a lot of errands done today (various stuff to disposal/recycling center, thrift shop, etc.) then drove car to mechanic's so they could install a strut that holds up the hood.   Pulled in and immediately realized I was in the wrong car. Duh.  It's OH's that needs the strut but I was in the CRV.   Nothing like losing the plot....

Diane:  Pesky barn owls.  Not sure whether your cool temps are good or bad.  Yes, was listening to reports on that pipeline. The story I heard was they company had sloppy security.......  Re the rush at gas pumps, more than one commentator likened it to the Great Toilet Roll Panic of 2020.  

Heather: Fingers crossed that house will work out for daughter....

Lindybird:  How nice that Sue will be able to get away and be close to her family.  Hope the vacuuming went okay; owner's guides can provide quite an eye-opener about a machine's capabilities - if only we read them. -)

OG:  Good luck with the electrician.  

Apart from showing up at the mechanic's  with the wrong vehicle I also stepped on the scale this morning for the first time for ages and was shocked to see my new weight.  I'd felt as if parts of me were jiggling in different directions on my recent morning walks, so must really start paying attention.  

• The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. (Robert Bloch)

I’m sorry, if you were right, I’d agree with you. (Robin Williams)

None but a fool is always right. [Augustus William Hare]

• Good ones, AQ!

Good Morning. A bit grey here, & more sunshine & showers predicted, so not great for The Big Wash here. However, we wore much the same clothes for most of the week and I brought home a whole suitcase full of stuff unworn, as the weather was so ugh. Never mind.

Must press on today as much happening in the following weeks, so need to prepare the house. Also today, need to grab eggs & milk etc.... off I go to get decent & get out.