Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 May 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful and healthy week! 

• I just wrote four paragraphs, then pressed the "back" button..... <sigh>
  • Sunny here now, after a short sharp shower, just as we thought of going for a walk.

AQ - Glad you both enjoyed your meal out. The fish sounded good. Do it again, soon. Hope that your energy levels stay up and you can get lots done. When computers are involved, there are not necessarily trouble free times ahead. Will relate the story of the sub postmasters here, sometime: one of the biggest miscarriages of justice in the UK, ever.

Heather - I would not have done it once, but nowadays I would have had a retort for that bully: they are all cowards at heart & he would be astounded to be answered back.

Thinking of OG & EE and their kitchen.
  • It sounds like a good idea to record what he says, Heather, although that might be difficult.
  • Quieter today with only the Fitter around. He's attaching handles - lots of them! He had a "surplus" wallcupboard which he thought was an error in packing, until we asked where it was. Quartz worktop guys came yesterday afternoon to measure accurately - they expect to come late next week - with early the week after as worst case scenario.

Weather cool and not much sunshine today,

Pleased AQ and OH enjoyed their meal out, and that he was a happy bunny.

Today's lunch is things from our freezer and I suspect this evening will be chish and fips. Had to have part of last night's meal replaced - by the time my haggis tower (starter as a main) arrived, all the peppercorn sauce had dribbled into the delivery bag!
  • I've been thinking about your knee, LINDY and hoping that the new support is helping and that you can do the walks that you love, in Wales.
  • Like everyone I am horrified by HEATHERS daughter's treatment. I do hope this chap is taken to task as he deserves.

Just back from coffee with a friend. She is moving back down south soon to be closer to family. She and her OH are going to Surrey in a weeks time to start their house hunting and her house here goes on the market next Friday. They have already sold their property in Nairn which they rented out.

My friend Erica and I had a great 2 hour catch up yesterday. She was looking great though it is hard to see her in a wheelchair. Her daughter dropped her off at the local garden centre and she looked totally drained. She was in the terrible position of seeing her Mum on the ground with a totally smashed up leg before the paramedics arrived and the sight will live with her forever. It isn't that the response team were slow but that Jo works at the vets a 2 min walk from where the accident happened. She is signed off sick for 2 weeks.

ANNETTE My new jiggie is a comic puzzle entitled "clash of the bakers". Should be fun. It is a Jan van Haasteren and should be quite challenging.
  • Morning all:

dibnlib:  Gosh; that sounds so hard on friend's daughter.  Will E be moving closer to other family members?  Any chance of a prosthetic in her future?   Just looked at that new jigsaw - seems like a lot of fun, not to mention a challenge.  My niece in the UK got a circular one with a kaleidoscope pattern that nearly drove her dotty.

OG: Some take-out dishes travel better than others. Glad you ID'd the 'lost' cabinet.

AQ: OMG.  Are they going to trace any of the people who were vastly overdosed?  

Lindybird:  I read that story about the sub-postmasters on the BBC website a couple of months back - absolutely appalling. Are they getting any kind of compensation?   How's the landscaping going at the caravan?  :-))

May Gray has arrived, which is a relief to some extent......

• My friends younger daughter Jo has been living with her Mum and Dad while her own flat was being renovated. She was due to move back to her own place the week of the accident and has decided she wants to stay with her Mum to help out at the moment. There is no pressure for her to do this, it is her own choice. The other daughter also lives in Inverness with her 7 year old son. The are a very tight knit family and always have been. E will eventually get a prosthetic but not for many months as there is a great deal of healing to do. She had skin grafts taken from her left thigh and also her stomach and there may be another op yet to come. She is very lucky indeed to still be alive and all of us who love her also know how lucky we are.
  • DIBNLIB - Your friend is indeed a very brave lady and so lucky to have the love and support of her family and friends like you.
    AQ the meal sounds delicious. I remember googling the whiting some while back when you had it.
    ANNETTE - Hope that the May Gray lasts for a while!
    OG - a lot of handles must mean a lot of cupboards! I'm assuming that you have a large kitchen?

Thanks for support for my daughter. I feel fairly optimistic that things will move towards resolution. She has a viewing of a prospective rental property on Monday so let us hope that her life will settle down soon.