Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 May 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful and healthy week! 

• We now have a cracking thunderstorm out there!!
  • Hail began falling as I wrote the above. My OH paused as he cooked eggs for lunch, to look out at the lawn which he had just stopped mowing and trimming. 

• We had good old thunder & lightening, and more hail. Some of the hailstones were the size of small marbles! Our garden table soon began to look as if it had a white tablecloth on it......

• By the way it's not a big shadow underneath the table --- it's green lawn where the hailstones didn't land!!
  • Morning all:

AQ: Oh dear; those are brilliant sayings and I totally agree with "just ingredients."   Sorry the day was such a hassle.  Maybe that's worth two posh dinners out?   Hope the new meds work out for you...

Lindybird:  I always tend to second guess myself once I've made a big decision like that, but it usually turns out just fine. Hope the weather in Wales in good; maybe tell the manager how nice that his son is helping out but how is the search for permanent assistant going? :-)   That's some hail. Love the photo with the green bit showing.

OG:  I like the sound of your electrician. I liked the one who did our kitchen, but let him talk me out of putting a single light over the washer/dryer area.  Now, when I'm in search of socks that have stuck to sides of the drum,  my shadow gets in the way.   I should have persisted but content myself with the odd grumble....  It's a first-world problem after all...

• OG Isn't it a dreadful thing that some people ignore those in a wheel chair. It better not happen tomorrow as all being well I should be meeting my friend at our local garden centre. Although we have talked on the phone and messaged each other this will be the first get together since her dreadful accident. I am so looking forward to seeing her lovely smile again.
  • LINDY No thunder here, but plenty of hail.

OG Glad your work is going ahead.
  • dibnlib: Let us know how your friend is - and give heck to anyone who hassles her. :-)
  • My sister, who now uses a wheelchair, wore a calliper on her leg from a very young age. We were both at (different) boarding school and during the holidays I would sit her on the carrier on the back of my bike and ride into the town, where we would walk about. Lots of people stared at her - and we got very good at staring back and embarrassing them! We must have been around eleven and nine - how did our parents think it was right to leave us alone all day while they were at work?!?!? Looking back, it was a huge responsibility for me - and look how I took advantage of it! We made a pact never to mention she had been on the back of my bike - but we did it a lot.
  • dibnlib said:
    Isn't it a dreadful thing that some people ignore those in a wheel chair.

Limpy should have been in one years ago.  Before the Parkinson's diagnosis he was utterly determined to not resort to using one as he knew just how many people would treat him differently.  Now, he has the additional reason that he has been advised to stay as active as he can as it can make a difference to how fast the Parkinson's progresses.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.