Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 April 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe week! Be sure to check back to last week's thread to see Lindy's photos and other posts!

• Good Morning. Bright again here, so will be filling the laundry line today.

I too, remember Auntie who used to post enthusiastically and who loved all birds. Wasn't she a retired nurse? I have thought about her occasionally and wondered what happened when she stopped posting.

Lynette, hope your side effects are only mild. As you say, a small price to pay to be safe.

OG - Hope the transport can be sorted with least hassle.
  • Pat O said:
    A man gets the contract to paint the local Church. He decides to make this more profitable, by adding water to the paint. Just as he finishes the job, a thunderstorm hits and washes all the paint off. Then a thunderous voice comes out of the clouds, and says “Repaint and thin no more!”

Brilliant!!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Another religious joke, if you can take any more:

A prawn called Bob frees a genie from a bottle, and is granted two wishes. Bob decides that he would like to become a shark which is much more glamorous than a prawn, and is instantly transformed. He soon finds out, however, that all his old friends are now afraid of him.

He uses his second wish to become a prawn once again. Bob then swims off to his mate Christian's house and knocks on the door. "Go away!" says Christian. "I'm scared you'll eat me!" "No I won't,"  Bob shouts back "I'm a prawn again Christian....."

• Glad you are home LINDY but not such good news about the journey.
    I've engaged a garden maintenance company. Getting the back garden looking it's best is going to cost a lot of money but it is what I want done. After that, it will be general maintenance, grass cutting etc.

I
  • Good for you Heather. You'll feel better about it.

Got my laundry on the line eventually. Bright sunshine here again. I noticed that some tulips have opened in our absence:

Pretty maids all in a row.

• Lindy - Not sure I can use that one. And the reason is totally my fault. With my Pedantic Editor hat on, could I possibly let something through that needed a comma in the final sentence which would completely alter the joke?!?!?
  • Morning all:  I also remember Auntie.  I used to think Auntie in Finland (I think) and AQ in OZ sort of balanced things out - don't ask me why.   EDIT: Just read on the BBC website that Finland has topped the list of countries evaluated on the well-being of residents for the fourth  year in a row.  According to the story, Finns themselves are mystified by the win...

Lovely pix Lindybird.  I bought two Iceberg roses yesterday to fill in two spots.  Now it's just a question of digging the holes!

AQ:  Agree re the planet.  I'm pleased to see auto companies like GM aim for all-electric vehicles by 2025 (the very popular Chevrolet Silverado truck will be reincarnated as such in Detroit plant that was slated to close).  It seems like many businesses are seeing the writing on the wall; let's hope it's not a case of too-little too-late.  Arghh.  If only we ruled the world...

• There was also WATTLE in New Zealand ?
    LYNETTE - I agree about exams! I only did well in subjects that I had a real interest in.
  • Heather: Oh right. Wattle - I remember. Me too re exams.