Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 April 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe week! Be sure to check back to last week's thread to see Lindy's photos and other posts!

• Hi! We had the vehicle and seat demos this morning and have already placed our order. Being a Motability vehicle, the seat costs more to us than the car, but no good having a vehicle I can’t get into! The adapters will try to hasten the whole process to be as soon as possible.

LINDA – I expect you are safely home by now – lovely day for it. I hope you are both feeling refreshed.

LYNETTE – I hope your Daughter did well in her assessment and will soon know whether she can go further with the maths. Hope you will be fine after vaccine and that your OH gets encouragement from his check-up.

DIANE – the wee helicopter (looks more like a drone in reality) seems to be a success. Clever stuff, but I still question the money spent in space when Earth is so desperate.

AQ – liked the quotes – especially the third one. I hope you are still okay – you don’t seem to be saying much these days.

HARELADY – I didn’t realise people in different areas could be part of one bubble! I hope you will all enjoy your Son’s birthday too.

HEATHER, PAT and all – I am still revisiting earworms from Saturday too – mostly Nimrod and I vow to thee my Country, yet I don’t really consider myself patriotic.

PAT – that is a brilliant one for the Church Magazine – thanks for sharing! It also reminds me I should be gathering stuff together for May!

After the full morning, I am totally lost about time, and have just realised OH is cooking dinner! I am still thinking it’s sometime after breakfast – although it does seem a while since I got up early!
  • OG - I had a feeling you would like that one for your church magazine!

Glad others liked it as well. Must remember to tell the friend who sent it to me that it has been widely appreciated.

Lots of ear-worms from Saturday's funeral, as well as others from various sources. I think it must be something to do with not being able to sing in church - I seem to have more music buzzing around my head than usual. I'm not complaining!
  • Love that, Pat!! Very good!

I usually have tunes in my head most of the time: I can't play a single instrument, which I now regret, but I do love all music.

We've had a long day: we left our caravan as the News came on the radio for 11.00 o'clock. This meant that we should have been home for about 1.15pm.having driven for 2 hours with a short comfort break in the middle. But only a couple of miles up the road, we hit a big queue, and for a long time hardly moved. We were unable to turn off as at that point there is no alternative route. We sat it out then crawled forward for a couple of miles. Eventually we did come to the cause of the problem, not a traffic accident but a roadworks with temporary lights. We had been over an hour in the queue!

Arrived home for a quick ham sandwich and lots of rushing about - my OH had to go out to see someone and I had lots of boxes to empty, so never got any laundry on the line, grr. Rant over!
  • We missed it, of course, but very exciting about the Mars helicopter. I agree it is eye wateringly expensive to do these things, and even though I think it's an amazing achievement, I wish we could only do this if every person in the world had clean water to drink, and there was no hunger.
  • Love it, Pat O. Your sin will find you out!!!!

Diane - didn't watch it live but it was reported on our news. Quite a feat, now they have to try and get it higher I believe..

AQ - thanks for more quotes, anecdotes,.
  • OG - glad the demo went well, let's hope they adapt /modify and get the vehicle to you asap.

Dau 's assessment went as well as she thought, ran out of time, came a blank on some questions but isn't that nearly always the case/you swat up and then it disappears from the mind when coming to answer a question. Still we will just have to wait and see.
    Had a reaction to the first jab but not letting it put me off.
  • Hallo all:  The thing about all this money spent on space and scientific endeavors is that a lot of what these brains learn does trickle down into everyday items.  Just Googled a list that includes: artificial limbs, scratch-resistant lenses, insulin pumps, solar cells, Lasik surgery, and of course, the humble but invaluable DustBuster to name a few.  

OG: Hope they get that new vehicle to you soon.  Any estimate of when?

Lynette:  Let me piggyback on OG's good wishes for your daughter's exam outcome  :-)

Went to Tai Chi class this morning and have yoga this evening.  Teacher is modifying the practice so nothing too intense for folks who've had bits taken out.  

• HARELADY – Wonderful you could see your family at last. Surely soon the bubble will expand for you to meet the others.

LINDA – Thank you for more photos. Another “dislike” for traffic jams & roadworks!

HEATHER – I remember AUNTIE from Finland. I wonder how she is. Likewise many names from our earlier posting days.

PAT – Love your quote.

OG – I hope your new car is ready sooner than soon.

ANNETTE – I realize the trickle down effect. What bothers me is that we have messed up our planet and now we are starting on another before we have solved our own problems.

• Just a thought

It’s enough to indulge and to be selfish but true happiness is really when you start giving back. (Adrian Grenier)