Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 April 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe week! Be sure to check back to last week's thread to see Lindy's photos and other posts!

• Annette and anyone interested: NASA's helicopter on Mars will attempt its first flight on Monday (April 19). THIS link has info and live stream times. Hello to everyone. I'm tired and will catch up later. 

• When in doubt, mind your own business.

When in doubt, ignore and be horribly unimpressed. (Laurell K. Hamilton)

When in doubt, mumble; when in trouble, delegate; when in charge, ponder. (James H Boren)

• OG - staying over allowed as I am on my own and they are in my bubble. Also we don't have to stay "local" now.

Will get to see my son and family next month when he is 40! How did that happen!!

Have a good week all.

• Good Morning. Dry again here so good for packing up this morning.

Harelady, I know what you mean: our Eldest son has just had his1st jab, as he is 46 next month - how did that happen?! Doesn't seem five minutes since we were teaching him to ride his bicycle...

Diane, will investigate your link later as its very exciting about the Mars mission - we just had an article on the TV News about it, explaining the propulsion etc.

Hope everyone has a good week.
  • Oh HARELADY, how happy you must have been to see your daughter and the two little ones !
    LINDY might be home by now...
    OG will be inspecting her potential vehicle -
    ANNETTE will be recovering from her family visit
    and I am recovering from a walk to Tesco !

I can't get the hymn 'Oh valiant hearts' out of my head since the funeral on Saturday.

• Heather - I'm still on 'I Vow to Thee, My Country' ...
  • PAT - we used to have a poster here called Auntie from Finland. At least, that is what I recall. She called these things ear worms, tunes you can't get out of your head !
  • Morning all:

Diane:  Just watched the replay of the NASA helicopter flight - thank you for the link.  I was looking at the faces of the technicians/scientists and thinking how ordinary they looked but how smart they are and that you can stand beside one of them (or any other accomplished person) in a grocery store/bank and never realize the wealth of knowledge in your orbit!

AQ;  When I'm in doubt, I tend to hang about and see if any clues develop as to how/if I should act.

Lindybird: Safe drive home.

I loved the music and hymns from PP's funeral; carried me back over the miles and decades....

• I'm not trying to compete with AQ, but someone sent me this quote for the church news sheet - it made me laugh out loud and I thought others here may enjoy it as well.

A man gets the contract to paint the local Church. He decides to make this more profitable, by adding water to the paint. Just as he finishes the job, a thunderstorm hits and washes all the paint off. Then a thunderous voice comes out of the clouds, and says “Repaint and thin no more!”