Could The Ghost of EJ Walk Among us?

What every osprey watcher is an osprey that returns from the "Dead".  Well a very brown chested osprey has been seen. She has a BTO ring and a tracker but no Darvic. Just who might she be?

• I've popped to Pandion Haliaetus to see if you've been any less mysterious there, Tiger, but am none the wiser. (For one thing, Facebook pages are not displaying correctly for me today.)

Perhaps you'd like to expand? When and where and by whom? And are there any photos?

However, I very much doubt that even a ghostly EJ would have allowed herself to be satellite-tagged.
  • You tease Tiger. Alba? Made me check which of EJ's offspring were sat tagged and for whom no death record exists....
    Surely, we must have a record of one that fits the bill, including no Darvic? Unless you're implying that it's EJ herself and she graciously allowed herself to be sat tagged...and she lost her darvic? (did she ever have one..?)
    'Fess up please!
  • Unknown said:
    and she lost her darvic? (did she ever have one..?)

Yes, WhiteEJ Purple heart (System won't accept a white heart emoji.)

Great detective work re Alba!

• scylla said:
    Yes, WhiteEJ (System won't accept a white heart emoji.)

silly me, of course she had a darvic.

OK, could be Nethy, Mallachie, Tore, Millicent or Seasca? All of these had trackers but maybe lost their darvics? I've a feeling that we know some of those didn't make it so will now check that.

Tiger, is this a 19 course banquet you're having??

• Well it's not easy searching this site for old posts regarding the fate of old ospreys. Some of course we know are dead because their bodies were found (eg Caledonia). And for many others, their trackers stopped working so they were presumed dead. I think that applies to all those I've mentioned....but maybe their trackers started again AND they lost their darvic. But anyway,  I'm going to pass the baton over to someone else to see if they can complete Tiger's quiz!

• Unknown said:

Well it's not easy searching this site for old posts regarding the fate of old ospreys. Some of course we know are dead because their bodies were found (eg Caledonia). And for many others, their trackers stopped working so they were presumed dead. I think that applies to all those I've mentioned....but maybe their trackers started again AND they lost their darvic. But anyway,  I'm going to pass the baton over to someone else to see if they can complete Tiger's quiz!

Imagicat is a good place to start.  See    Loch Garten

It turned out to be a Lake of Menteith osprey  JN5  (Hatched 201)

• Yes I got my list of possibles from Imagicat. But there's no easy way of finding their fate.
    I saw the JN5 posting. LoM is a regular osprey fix location
  •  The spirit and memory of EJ lives on - a picture I commissioned from a Toronto artist today - STUNNING!.........