Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 11 April 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on Sunday night/Monday morning in UK and US. I hope everyone has a safe, healthy week and finds some moments of joy. 

Here in Indiana, everyone is walking the woods and the fields searching the ground for morel mushrooms! It's a highly anticipated rite of spring here, and the mushrooms are very tasty! 

Morel Mushroom with Snails
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Warren Bielenberg/NPS
Photo labeled "Public domain" (copyright free)

• ANNETTE: I hope you're feeling better tonight. Now that your daughter has returned home, I hope you can spend a few days just resting.

HEATHER: It's not my business, but your decision sounds quite wise to me. 

LINDY: I'm sorry that Wales has not been able to open up yet. I hope circumstances will have improved by your next visit. I can empathize with your experiencing disturbing dreams. :-(

• A morning escape with camera! Four sets of pics with lots of cross-suburb driving to get to each. Home for quick lunch and long snooze, alas rubbish truck ended nanny nap after half hour. Dau#1 has left her car in our drive while she flies to Melbourne for few days to meet her Dau.

• Just a thought

The world is a looking glass and gives back to every man the reflection of his own face. (William Makepeace Thackeray)

• AQ - As you know, I have been 'borrowing' some of your wonderful daily 'thoughts' for the weekly church news sheet. Today I used one you used some time ago from Cicero - but it came out a bit wrong ... what a difference a letter makes!

A room without books is like a body without a soup.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Ha ha! Pat!

A lovely day here.... sunny for the most part. Nice to see the yellow gorse everywhere and there are still one or two daffodils Plenty of cute lambs, often a pair sitting in the sun with their mum. We went on a drive we like where we can see estuary birds and human fishermen with the coast of Anglesey visible in the distance, across the sea. Picturesque but I didn't snap any pics.

AQ: Glad you got yourself out on a mini trip. Pity you got woken up later. I got woken yesterday by someone arriving in a noisy car, just as I was luxuriating in a nap after lunch. Grr.

Some neighbours here are relieved as some of their adjoining neighbours have now left for pastures new. A grumpy pair, and their two small dogs yapped constantly at everything which moved. This set Bonnie off, as they put her on edge.
  • Well, that was a wasted wash and brush up - I never made it to the surgery for my bloods as I couldn’t get my legs in the car! I phoned and they said try again next Tuesday, and if I still can’t do it they may need to arrange a home visit. I am hoping we might have sorted the new car by then – home demo on Monday – so we should have some idea of what model and when.

Tired now, so will give this priority tomorrow.
  • Oh dear, OG. What a shame you couldn't manage. I hope they can come to you.

We were hoping for a stunning sunset here, after all the sun we had today, but now its all clouding over so I'm not going to bother going to the waters edge to see.

My knee has improved somewhat but I took my stick with me to go around a garden centre, where I bought a cactus, a birthday card for my cousin, 2 solar lights and a blouse which was a bargain in the clothing sale! Fun!
  • OG:  Gosh.  All that effort. How frustrating for you.  

AQ:  Good to see that you're back to gallivanting around the countryside.  Is your friend/chauffeuse still under the weather in terms of days out?  What about group trips?

Lindybird: Oh good job finding the blouse.  Are you doing anything for that knee in terms of therapy, etc?

• Lindybird said:
    Some neighbours here are relieved as some of their adjoining neighbours have now left for pastures new. A grumpy pair, and their two small dogs yapped constantly at everything which moved.

Blimey.  I'd have thrown a party for everyone they left behind!  Yapping dogs are a pain in the backside.