Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 4 April 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE WHO CELEBRATES

I hope you all have a joyful Sunday and a healthy, safe week!

A sunlit Easter Bunny delivering eggs 
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Chelsi Burns/USFWS
Photo labeled "Public Domain" (copyright free)

• Oh I know what you mean about the grass, OG but when he walked in with a big smile and his overalls under his arm I was just so grateful. The first cut is the hardest even when the mower blades are set high.
  • Have to say that my OH cut our lawn for the 3rd time this year, yesterday. It seems to be OK but then we don't get much harsh weather here.

He had leftover lamb for his meal tonight: I tried to tell him I wouldn't have eaten it on an upset stomach, but he was looking forward to it. I thought it might be too greasy for him. I had a ready prepared M&S pasta meal. Let's hope he is alright tomorrow as he's going back to the golf course.

We Zoomed with Amber this afternoon, and she had enjoyed her Easter Sunday - lots of chocolate hunting, & someone gave her a hula hoop which she seems to have mastered easily and so gave us a demonstration!

• Hello and thank you Diane for the lovely Easter card and for starting us off again.

Thank you to all for your news and how you have been celebrating Easter.

Lindybird - what a gorgeous amarylis .

Easter Day down here was a lovely sunny, chilly day but it was so good to get back into church and see everyone.
    Right at the end we went outside to sing the last hymn - oh how I miss singing - Thine be the Glory, such a rousing
    hymn. Dinner was roast beef etc and a bottle of red to take it down. Dau made a lovely choc cake for tea. We just have the one meal on a Sunday and have tea and cake in the evening. Called in after church to see sons and dil. She is so much better and since retiring seems more relaxed and less anxious, she ended up with Long Covid and still has some symptoms but not as bad now.

OH had his second jab on Saturday and so far no problems. Going for mine on the 22nd April.

Hope you all have a good week ahead
  • Dust is flying

Where’s the suitcase?

Where’s my shorts. . . sunhat?

Have I enough shoes?

Can’t find the jigsaws.

Linda’s off to Wales.

• AQ: Lindybird will never have enough shoes! :-)

Very busy here; daughter's dog loves walks and playing in the garden. In between that and everything else, aren't getting any spare time but am managing to read posts! :-)
  • DIANE – I have a supermarket in walking distance or 5 min drive, but it is very small and thus hasn't a full range of goods & sizes. I drive 10 mins to another for groceries and 5 mins further again for a fruit & veg shop as they have the freshest produce around. Choice, one of the advantages of city/suburban living.

OG - it is a well-known fact that emptied drawers (or cupboards) will never re-accept what was taken out. LOL

I picked my first butternut last week and took a large half to Dau. This morn 3 more, leaving 2 still ripening. As I was getting lunch, OH called out “Are we having pumpkin sandwich?” Ha Ha. He is not very fond of pumpkin and I know even with pumpkin soup, surreptitious mashing with potato & other disguises, I could not possibly manage 6, hence Dau will gain most. PS Lunch was a salad roll each, of which he is not keen but suffers.

I rested yesterday but was so tired that I went to bed early. Waste of time – I was awake before midnight. Tossed, turned, prowled, tossed, read, finally fell asleep sometime after 4 am. Another relatively lazy day. 24 C. Birds are confused, some think it is spring.

• Just a thought

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. (Anthony J D’Angelo)

• Good Morning - bright here again but minus something degrees as we got up. Both of us rose early as OH is off to golf again (saying his stomach is much better) and I am expecting a delivery today. I ordered something way back in January for his birthday at end of March, & was told "there is a delay but we will keep your item on order". Wonder if it's been on that fateful ship on the Suez Canal, LOL!!

So I have now bought something completely different, & it's supposed to arrive today - a small sturdy hoover for him to clean the cars with. His old one gave up on life last year and he's been looking for a 2nd hand one since, but I decided it was silly hoping for one to turn up so have bought him a new one. Don't know if the original present will ever turn up, but it'll have to be his Christmas present if it does!
  • Glad you enjoyed your Easter, Lynette.

AQ - It's awful to toss and turn in bed. Often I find it's best to get out of bed for a while, then get back in again, although you do run the risk of disturbing your OH. Well done on the pumpkin production! I see you've now turned to poetry!!! Thank you! LOL!!

Still very cold indeed here, in spite of plenty of bright sunshine. Saw a sparrow on my hanging bag of alpaca fur this morning, so nest building is well under way.

Having a good turn out of several places where I stuff things to "read later" then forget them.......

• OG Glad things are progressing for you.

LINDY Pleased that your OH doesn't appear to be suffering more after the lamb.

LYNETTE It is good that retirement seems to have done your Dil good

I am not long back from my hair cut. I almost feel human again.