GLASLYN OSPREYS - APRIL 2021 to end of FEB 2022

March thread.

This post updated 01 June

MrsG returned on the 25th of March and was joined by Aran on the 29th.

(The beginning of the reunion video is a must-see for all fans of MrsG - I'm posting it today 01 June, to remind us of a happy time before the tragedies of May 2021.)

The month of May brought unrelenting wind, rain and corvids, as well as persistent intruder KS8 (among others) - and Aran somehow injured his right wing, rendering him unable to fish.  Within a few days all the chicks had sickened and died.  It could hardly have been more stressful for MrsG and Aran, but they are recovering together while the caring Glaslyn team is supplying fish each night.

(The chicks' bodies have been removed from the nest by Aran and MrsG, so we shall never know the cause of their deaths.)

In the right margin of this page are links to Glaslyn's posts documenting the misfortunes on the nest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All pictures and videos in this thread are (link to website)

©Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMAGICAT

• 16:16   Heather Corfield  Aran looks as though he is thinking of moving. If he flies right he may pass here.

16:17   Heather Corfield  He has been there since 10.15 this morning.

In all honesty I can't see him, but Heather is concentrating on this view!

16:27  Heather Corfield  Aran is still on the A498 tree after his stretch. He has been there so long no wonder he needed a stretch.
    I think he must be on a tree behind a right hand branch of the conifer/spruce.  The wind gets quite noisy at times.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• I'm not sure whether it's the light catching the lens, or a bit of a rainbow!

© Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• SheilaFE said:
    I'm not sure whether it's the light catching the lens, or a bit of a rainbow!

Unromantically, I think it's light on crud on the lens  Grin   but that doesn't stop it being pretty.

03 September

Several Mistle Thrushes on the nest 07:00-07:30 (rounding the numbers).

SheilaFE said:

In all honesty I can't see him, but Heather is concentrating on this view!

16:27  Heather Corfield  Aran is still on the A498 tree after his stretch. He has been there so long no wonder he needed a stretch.

I think he must be on a tree behind a right hand branch of the conifer/spruce. 

This is the best I can do - and only then with your ideas - and it may be a figment Stuck out tongue winking eye 

IMAGICAT

• On chat Heather reports that Aran arrived with a fish and was eating but I have noidea what time that was
  • patily said:
    On chat Heather reports that Aran arrived with a fish and was eating but I have noidea what time that was

Heather apologised for not being able to show him to us cos he's on the Bund cam (whatever that is).

Also, chipping was heard - I'm trying to find out what time, because Chat doesn't go back as far as the original report.

IMAGICAT

• No sooner had I typed that than Heather found Aran on his usual distant tree that we can see - and he flew off @ 17:00:

IMAGICAT

• Mike B said:
    MC- The report says 14 14.

Thank you, MIKE.  I found it but my sound isn't very good and it wouldn't "improve" because of the background noise.

Silver lining tho - I found a Blue Tit on the nest a few seconds later, so I did a vid to celebrate but it doesn't need to be watched Grin

IMAGICAT

• First - more Mistle Thrushes, only a snippet for the sake of their racket - followed by a munching sheep!

Then a lovely male GSW preening, most of which I've omitted.  The preview pic isn't currently showing up, no idea why, the vid should play OK.

IMAGICAT

• There was a power cut at the VC at something-past-11, soon restored.

IMAGICAT