WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY MARCH 28, 2021

Hallo all.  Look back at Saturday for some lovely flower pix from Lindybird and more!

• bjane: I'm so very sorry you've had so much loss in your life--your friends and your sister. Such a shame you haven't been able to have a memorial service yet. Always good to see you, but I wish your life hadn't been so hard recently.

• Good to know that the osprey are arriving in the U.K. Here in the U.S., an osprey pair have built a nest on a pole at a NASA launch site at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. NASA has installed a WEBCAM for live streaming the pair. I wonder how they will react when there's a rocket launch?!

Lindy: The flowers you've posted lately have all been especially beautiful. Those magnolias are glorious. Happy birthday to your OH.

Annette: I really enjoyed the photos you posted from your trip. That's a long train! I suspect the burritos you had in Arizona were a higher quality than mine were. LOL I hope you enjoyed the birthday party. Take it easy digging the holes.

OG: I hope you are getting some rest tonight after the disturbing weather. 

Lynette: You asked for a link to the Iceland volcano live stream. Here's a live feed from a national broadcaster there. My anti-virus security program says the link is safe with no malware.

AQ: Hope you're a thriving and getting your energy back.

Hello to everyone! 

• Diane:  Those burritos in AZ were homemade - always popular as a fall back because they're so easy.  Didn't dig the holes today; spent more time than I anticipated putting mats in my car (WeatherTech), which had to be trimmed and futzed with and were accompanied by a million disclaimers and caveats.  Honestly, nothing is simple anymore.

• Happy Birthday to LINDA’s OH.

PAT & OG –When posting yesterday’s quotes, I thought they would not make it into church magazines. <grin> But, hey, if we can’t laugh at ourselves - - -

ANNETTE – When we travelled on the Indian-Pacific to Perth, we saw some humungous long freight trains. On the single track, freight has priority over passenger trains so we waited in sidings. I have been caught at level crossings in Adelaide’s suburbs too when freight leaves to head north.

Yes, thank you DIANE, I am feeling somewhat better but I am not looking at the cobwebs growing on the cobwebs! Lovely autumn sunshine this arvo and I shall go out to threaten weeds.

• Just a thought

True happiness is. . . to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future. (Lucius Annaeus Seneca)

• Good Morning. Glad the pics have been enjoyed.

Thanks to Diane for the link.

It's a bit grey here, but we're hoping for it to brighten up enough for my OH to enjoy his golf & his birthday. We got the turkey out of the freezer, ready to roast tonight with lots of veg & some of the usual seasonal trimmings.
  • LINDY Happy birthday to your OH. Hope he manages a good game of golf.

OG Hope you manage a better night.

BJANE So sad for you.

Lovely pics fro, Annette and Lindy, thank you

My friend is being transferred back to Raigmore today. Unfortunately no visits, even from family for a while yet.
  • Well, ANNETTE and DIANE, my children have told me about fajitas, enchiladas, quesadilla and tortilla s but I had to Google burritos ! Thank you for increasing my knowledge..
    LINDY- Happy birthday to your OH, hope you both have a lovely day and enjoy the roast turkey !
    DIBNLIB- I was wondering about your friend. I'm glad that she is nearer home, now.
  • PAT - Fingers crossed for Wednesday and your day out ! It sounds a lovely place.
    OG - Good that you are having your choice of roast pork on Wednesday !
    Bjane - it is lovely to see you here - you've had a bad year with losses. Sending cyber hugs.

Nothing much to report, I have a very quiet life. Sometimes I like it and sometimes I don't.
  • AQ:  Freight is king here too; I  think the passenger service (Amtrak) just builds in an extra hour or three for time  sitting in sidings.

dibnlib:  Hope your friend's frame of mind is still good....

Heather:  I don't put ground beef in burritos (pretty much avoid red meat); grilled peppers and onions are good too; refried beans, Mexican cheese mix too..  I like fajitas and quesadillas; not much for enchiladas.   Our favorite Mexican take-out here is from Los Agaves, which also has lots of genuine south-of-the-border dishes that you'd typically not find up here.

Lindybird: Happy birthday to your OH.