Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 21 March 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY SPRING!

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe, healthy week! 

• Another beautuful spring day. Started with J going for his vaccine (I actually got up to see him off!) This afternoon, EE and J were gardening again - looking good out there. I haven't done much -just enjoyed watching them work and mice play! Had braised beef at lunchtime, and looking forward to baked potato with cheese for tea.

DIANE - thanks for the new week.

Pleased ANNETTE arrived home safely, but that is an awful long drive into the afternoon sun! Hope you are enjoying your lolling day - a good day for the hammock?

AQ - I once heard designer Laurence Lewellyn-Bowen refer to a comfort stop on a journey as "Tea and a pee" which I would say, but my OH can never remember these useful phrases, so I I have to "call a spade a spade".

HEATHER - glad SiL reached Aberdeen - what now - will he be isolated and tested? That is a long road to have to reverse out! - I guess it is a well worn "rat-run".

Tea nearly ready!
  • OG - sil had PCR a couple of days ago on the rig with a negative result so he has been allowed to go home.

• Heather I have some PCR tests here kindly donated by youngest during her Christmas and New Year visit. Watched her do one when she was here and after that I decided to stay out of harms way as didn’t fancy the pokey up the nose thing :/))
  • HEATHER - sounds good - sure your youngest and the two girls are very happy!
  • My sympathies, Heather. People are idiots sometimes.

The plants in my garden seemed to be growing visibly today. The birds sang their hearts out, and were flying around with twigs. I've hung up a container with alpaca wool in it, given to us by a neighbour for them to take to line their nests.
  • Just realised that I've missed some posts - glad your s.in law was allowed to go home, Heather.

OG -- Good that J has got his jab done, now. Nice that you've been able to get out in the garden.
  • Thank you Diane for starting us off..

Annette - pleased to hear the trip went well despite the long journey and road works holding you up. At least you
    can chill out the next day.

Been more like a spring day down here.

Pleased to hear that Laddie is back at LOL.
  • The more I hear on The News lately, the more I find myself exclaiming "The Worlds Gone Mad!" !!!!

Is it me??

• LINDA – I wonder which particular news has set you off?

Here all news is about the terrible extensive floods from Gold Coast QLD down past Sydney to south coast of NSW. And inland.  Not a drop of moisture here in dry Adelaide, though some roads flooded in Far North of SA. Many Aussies, prevented from visiting NT & the Kimberley WA last year due to border restrictions, are now heading north. Speaking of them, one outback resident said they are “going to learn what patience is all about”!

• It is a matter of shame that in the morning the birds should be awake earlier than you. (Abu Bakr)

Morning is wonderful. Its only drawback is that it comes at such an inconvenient time of day. (Glen Cook)

Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not. (Ursula K. Le Guin)