Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 14 March 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, and joyful week!

• Lindy - Loved the card - thank you!

• Glad folks are enjoying the card, which I thought was fun. I was told that I was about a sixteenth Irish, once.....so maybe I have got some Irish blood somewhere in me.

Our "Christmas Roses" as they're called, seem to have enjoyed the weather this year. If you look, you can just see my fingers on the right as I try to hold this one up to take a bow.

• We have lots of the dark pink ones.

These wouldn't post until I made the picture smaller by cutting lots off the edges.

• I came on to read yesterday and intended to write later - then I forgot all about it. Not a lot to say - glad HEATHER had a good sleep, hope the mad scientist party in Arizona went well, thanks to LINDA for more lovely photos.

J had a letter yesterday inviting him to attend for Covid Vaccine at precisely 9:44 next Sunday at Lockerbie Town Hall. Must be because of his medical history, as he is only 41.

EE's birthday today; he cooked a lovely Haggis meal at lunchtime, and we are now going to have a birthday tea.. They have both been gardening this afternoon, but unfortunately J's effort ended with a nasty fall off the kneeler/stool - I think full extent of bruises will not be known until tomorrow!

I have been working on the April/Easter magazine - and have actually received the Minister's contribution without having to ask for it this month!
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EE!! - Hope you enjoyed both your haggis and your birthday tea!
  • Happy (belated) Birthday EE.

HARELADY – I can claim 3/8 Irish with one g-g-mother from Co Cork, 1 g-g-m from Offaly and 1 g-g-father from Kildare – all different family branches.

LINDA – Loved the sheepish Irish jig.

News that covid vaccines would begin at some Aussie GP clinics next week has caused a meltdown when the over-70s tried to book by phone or online. Unfortunately only limited supplies at first and many clinics not open until next month. Patience!

• LINDY: The sheep card is wonderful! Gave me a smile. Thank you!
  • Happy Birthday to EE, OG. Glad you are managing to get on with the church mag and that the minister sent his contribution without asking. We are being kept informed of what is going on by our Church Secretary who writes a letter each week with the service to follow and any news from the church family. Hoping to open up for Easter Sunday depending on local figures for Covid.

In touch with my D-I-L via Whats App. She was given a virtual retirement lunch on Monday with some of the bgwigs from the hospital. Also they slightly tricked her and 3 colleagues turned up at her front door with a beautivul bunch of flowers and her long service brooch which is the Edith Cavell Star. She finally retired on 14th February and as she is still recovering from Long Covid decided to call it a day, mind you she has worked at Northampton General for nigh on 40 years. So proud of her.

Thanks for the cheery pics, Lindy of your blooming plants.
  • Hallo all: B'day party a great success. Taking Ms. D out tomorrow to shop for summer clothes. About to fall asleep.

Take care all.