Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 14 March 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, and joyful week!

• dibnlib:  That's just awful about your friend.  I do hope she gets lots of support in the months ahead; sounds like she's the one who typically keeps everyone else going.  It will be a difficult adjustment and the reality of what's involved may take some time to sink in.  Lots of healing time ahead.....

Had a brilliant drive here today. Very light traffic all the way through LA. I left home just before 6 a.m. and arrived 8.5 hours later. 

• Annette: Glad you had such a safe and rapid trip!
  • A year ago Doc said I needed a shingles jab – as far as I know I have never had chicken pox so I must have had a very mild case. The jab was deferred due to covid, then breast cancer. Now I am no longer feeling quite so fatigued, this morning was the time. So far no effects, just a needle prick. My GP clinic begins covid vaccines for over-70s next Monday. I have yet to learn how & when, etc.

• Just a thought

Life is full of happiness and tears; be strong and have faith. (Kareena Kapoor Khan)

• Good Morning. Bright skies here to greet us as we wake. A few milder, drier days predicted this week. Going to look at how many pairs of trousers my OH has discarded for laundry, as it's a good time to get them washed. (He seems to spend a lot of time in old ones, as he's always pottering about.)

Annette, wonderful to hear that you had such a fast stress free journey. Enjoy your visit.

AQ - Hope you don't get reaction to your shingles jab. Shingles can be horrible, as I can attest!

• Looking forward to the excitement of the imminent return of the ospreys to UK!!
  • We had a nice long walk at the canal this morning. We extended it to do the circular walk on this lovely day. We definitely didn't need our hats and gloves. Thank you for your thoughts on my friend. We popped round to their house this morning to pop a letter through the door and my friends youngest daughter was there. She has been living there these last few months while her own place is being renovated. Sadly she told us that the leg was amputated above the knee, I had been hoping for below. Erica will remain in Aberdeen fo a good few weeks as that is the best place for her treatment. As the family say, they can't visit whether she is in Aberdeen or nearer to home so best to stay where she is best off.
  • Hello! I did try to let you know on Saturday that J was fine during and after the MRI – the first one since the time he had an epileptic incident in the machine. This time it all went smoothly. We assume the result will come direct from his neuro consultant. I did write a post and see it appear on the page, but it disappeared.

Sunday was difficult. Daughter #1 phoned for Mothering Sunday (I already had three cards). We hadn’t spoken since Christmas Day so there was catching up to hear. She, GD#2 and SinL are working on Covid testing at the local Academy (he is head of Governors and had a career in medical Laboratories so is leading the procedures and training others involved). GD#2 has received an apology for the confusion over her degree work and they are still calculating how to put it right, so Dau is glad she has been working on the testing to keep her occupied. GD#1 has recently undergone two surgeries (the second to correct the first) but is now back at work.

After the lengthy conversations and passing the phone around, J discovered unauthorised money had been taken from his current account, so there were long phone calls all evening, but the Bank are sorting it out and have credited his account. Not a pleasant evening.

Today is dry after yesterday’s rain. Birds are doing what birds do, but we haven’t seen Mice today – one was out and about quite late last evening.

DIBNLIB – so sorry about that accident to your friend and the seriousness of her injuries. A nasty shock for her and everyone who knows her. I do hope she will soon be ready for rehab to a new way of life, and that you will soon be able to see her. She sounds a very strong character who will cope well.

ANNETTE – pleased to see the journey went so well. 8.5 hours of driving sounds awful, but I suppose you get used to it.

EE is shopping at Tesco – we have decided after lunch is easier than after breakfast. We had a Morrison delivery Sunday afternoon; not sure when we might order another. Hoping to soon be able to drive to M&S as we much prefer that. Only one new Covid case in our region this weekend!