LOCH GARTEN UPDATES AND WEBCAM INFORMATION - 2021

Until the webcam is up and running and we go back to Daily Updates on the Nest, this thread is for posting any information about LOCH GARTEN. 

Fergus has written a new blog with details of when the Centre will be opening - May 1st.  

LINK TO BLOG

• Sorry. I wasn't here at 5. I had my first coffee and opened the cam at 4.30. Like you I think I will now return to bed. I try not to express disappointment if I can avoid it.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• I've been desperately trying to think of a way to pick up the stream when it comes back online (hoping it will!) but it is impossible, because:

(1) We don't know the new URL.

(2) I set it up to screen-capture on Carnyx.tv with auto-refresh set for every 30 minutes... then realised that that cam is "click to play" so all I would get is the Carnyx blue picture with an arrow in the middle.

Oh woe!

=============

However !!!  One last gasp check of the YT channel and the cam is live!  (But not yet on Carnyx website.)

NEW URL

IMAGICAT

• There are a couple of little greyish stripey birdies on 'n off the nest.

Goodnight Sleeping

IMAGICAT

• Good spot Scylla

0758 looks like a Common Redstart on top of the campost

0800 looks like a Siskin collecting nest material at the bottom of the picture

Richard B

• 3 birds on cam! Sadly only a male redstart and a pair of coal tits. :-(

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• This cam isn't conducive to little birds unless someone can operate the zoom, and I don't suppose they have anyone spare at the mo.

IMAGICAT

• I can't remember the last time the team referred to active volunteers on site, so assume that there are either very few or none who are in the FH 24/7 and who have control of the camera 24/7.

• I saw that LG had reported a female on the nest and sky dancing above. yesterday, which is good news, but where are they now! Possibly the pair that were on the nest on 22 April, when Fergus took a video from the VC screen (I think). Pleeeezzze come back! It's all very quiet, but a lovely looking day, as indeed most of the nests show at the moment. But for how long will it last!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• I have been glued here (even without a what I hope is called by Scylla a 'live feed' since 4.30 until about 7. And returned at 8.30 - so for the last almost 7 hours. Any new pair who have a chance to breed are sadly quickly running out of time to bond and breed. If I remember correctly the latest record for an Osprey egg to be laid in Scotland is 23 May and normally a pair will need to bond for 7 - 10 days before egg laying. The clock is ticking. I so much want a pair on this nest soon that bond quickly and take up residence with vigour and produce progeny this year. I am sure I speak for many others loyal to this particular nest with these best wishes.