LOCH GARTEN UPDATES AND WEBCAM INFORMATION - 2021

Until the webcam is up and running and we go back to Daily Updates on the Nest, this thread is for posting any information about LOCH GARTEN. 

Fergus has written a new blog with details of when the Centre will be opening - May 1st.  

LINK TO BLOG

• AX6 arrives with some hay

and off again!   

Quite a bundle he has delivered :-)

• AX6 has brought in small twiggy stick, done some scraping and a couple of mating attempts.

For all his inexperience so far he is making a good impression - bringing in fish, nest building and mating attempts.

Hopefully we do not see many intrusions and this pair get a chance

• Mike B said:
    I'm not sure he has the slightest idea of how to go about it Richard!

-----------------------oooooooooooooooooooooooo---------------------------------

He will soon learn, as will she, they were all beginners at one time Mike Grinning 

Just as well they don't know they have an audience of thousands or they would never get it right. Stuck out tongue winking eye

• That looked to be a successful mate
  • She waswilling then Putting her tail up but he was too far up her back
  • Good (late!) morning :)))   Thank you, everyone, for the reports and snaps.  it was super to unveil and see an osprey on the nest, and looking so perky too Blush

Mike B said:
    For me she will be Mistle from now on!

Very nice.  I was thinking about names last night but didn't come up with one for her - an obvious one is Axel for AX6, it fits with his number and continues a Scandinavian theme set by Odin Purple heart

Apparently it means "father of peace" or variations thereon.

LG will decide.

Off I go to check the get-go, fingers crossed for the fish delivery.  I don't seem to have had problems, JANE, but I download from the underlying YouTube URL, which is the same whatever site we're viewing on.

IMAGICAT

• Love both the names Mike and scylla. She looks very calm and patient. Just as well. He's doing fine on the fishing and nesting front, just needs more mating practice.

(ps. Odin, weep...)

• Axel and Mistle, I think those are good names, appropriate as well in keeping with the theme following Odin. Well done both.

Thanks for all the updates, photos and videos. I think we are onto something good here, so lots more to watch and follow. Hugging

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• 05:01

It's difficult to tell thru the fuzz, but I wondered if this was our female landing with last night's fish - she stayed over 15 minutes, watchful.  She wasn't looking precisely skywards, but maybe he was skydancing - or maybe she was on guard, because the next lander could have been the blue-ringed intruder ??? and our female returned and left her fish on the nest, then there was a zip-by by an unrecognisable projectile.

The zipper:

I'm going to be ever so slow today.

IMAGICAT