LOCH GARTEN UPDATES AND WEBCAM INFORMATION - 2021

Until the webcam is up and running and we go back to Daily Updates on the Nest, this thread is for posting any information about LOCH GARTEN. 

Fergus has written a new blog with details of when the Centre will be opening - May 1st.  

LINK TO BLOG

• Thanks Mary for starting off this thread and for the link.

Great to know Peter has been busy seeing to the webcam.

Hope all goes well and we see new residents this season.
  • Oh yes Karen that would be the icing on the cake, a newly updated Centre, complete with a pair of Ospreys on the nest.  Fingers crossed that happens.   

Can't wait to see a webcam there, it seems soooooo long since it has been operating. 

• Mary thank you so much for starting a thread on Loch Garten , it is a very special place for me and I so hope for a resident pair this year if not I am sure there will be ospreys passing by .
  • Thank you so much Mary for starting this thread. Oh my, tears rolling again, what a beautiful tribute to our EJ, a truly wonderful, georgeous and magnificent Osprey, (not forgetting our beautiful boy Odin) both have a special place in my heart. The first time I had the privelage to visit LG and see her, was when I met up with yourself. Time for new beginnings now, I hope and pray that this is the year when we have a new resident pair, along with the newly refurbished centre. It has been too long without cameras, Osprey's and visits to the centre. Would it not be the icing on the cake, if either Willow or Rowan returned and took over that special nest!! Eyes peeled and waiting for the switch on.

• Catlady - Oh yes I remember our meeting at Loch Garten, it was a lovely day.   

We can all but dream that Willow or Rowan will return and claim the LG nest for their own, wouldn't that be very special.    

• Oh Willow and Rowan a year not to forget as I was volunteering when they were ringed so was lucky enough to be at the ringing so they are very special indeed to me , I dream but let us hope indeed that we get ospreys on that very special nest . So exciting it will be to see it again .
  • That must have been so special indeed for you Valerie. Indeed we can dream, but to get Osprey using the nest again will be exciting.
  • Thank You Mary for starting this thread for Loch Garten.  

I don’t post often but really hoping to see the webcam up again and a pair of Ospreys on the eyrie. 

• Thanks for the thread, Mary, and like others, my fingers are crossed that a new pair of Ospreys takes up residence at LG. EJ, Odin (and Lady at Loch of the Lowes) were my first special individual Ospreys, although I had seen Ospreys a few times before discovering the webcams. I will never forget those birds, but am prepared also to fall in love with the next pair!
  • Many thanks for starting the new Season's Thread, Mary. I agree with you Gardenbirder, we have been so privileged to have 'known' EJ and Odin, and I am sure if/when a new pair finally takes over this revamped nest we will learn to love them, as their characters develop. It will be a bit like following Loch Arkaig with a virgin pair and the learning curve they have to climb as we egg them on! Can't wait!