LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

LINK TO APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021 THREAD

May they all arrive back safely. 

• HOW RIDICULOUS!

The following text I just saved by using the snip tool I went to use RF and repeatedly got the message, Page Not Found and then when I went to post my text Iwas told I did not have the right???

C NWWT Llyn Clywedog

• patily said:
    The following text I just saved by using the snip tool I went to use RF and repeatedly got the message, Page Not Found and then when I went to post my text Iwas told I did not have the right???

We never know what this site is going to come up with next, PATILY.  We even didn't get a first-of-the-month freeze this time Astonished

Anyway, you beat me to it, I was just going to say "John Williams says that Seren delivered this fish before startup..." - here's an unflattering snap of our dear lad:

IMAGICAT

• Fippin ek Patily! Thanks for the observation. And Scylla, for the 'unflattering' capture of Solo
  • I've got to say that it is utterly joyful watching Seren (Blue 5F) successfully breeding here after all her wasted years on a secondary nest. Let's hope she has many years ahead of her here.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• THE END OF LLYN BRENIG OSPREYS

Well I may be wrong, but I think the end of Ospreys at Llyn Brenig is starting. 

It has now been announced that there is now an up and running Kayak and Paddle board rental business in place. At the moment it is only rental craft allowed onto the lake, but it may be expanded to self launch in the future. 

I wonder if the Ospreys will hang about next year with dozens of craft all over the lake alobg with all the screaming and shouting that generally goes with it. 

Luckily there are other nests relatively nearby that the Birds will probably move to.

Richard B

• Unknown said:
    Luckily there are other nests relatively nearby that the Birds will probably move to.

Fingers crossed, RICHARD, but it's unfortunate news.

Short-term consolation is that the stream is back and moving today but I haven't seen anyone.  For quite some time this was our view:

IMAGICAT

• 03 August

Clywedog cont'd

496 fed himself:

In the afternoon, Seren had a major tidy-up:

But quite soon Dylan brought another silly stick, much to 496's consternation:

He made up for it tho, with a lovely fish:

There was a lot of toing 'n froing with diminishing fish bits, Seren and 496 involved, and later this arrived per Dylan - I'm not sure if it was a new catch he'd partly eaten or remains of the biggy.  He fed himself on the nest, with fat-cropped 496 looking on.

The stream has kept going with no need for an evening add-on, it will finish soon.

IMAGICAT

• 496 was loudly nagging for fish from the cam post I think he could see his mum and was hoping she was bringing fish because very seen she landed on the fish, empty taloned 496 continued to shout whilst Seren started rearranging sticks At one point she picked up one that looked like a bow(i.e as in bow and arrows) After pottering like this for a while Seren flew off and 496 went quiet.
  • From last evening - 496 got some more fish:

04 August

Good morning!

Having the advantage of scrolling to 'n fro, I think it was Dylan with the bow:

08:00+ The Jay foraged a couple of times:

Remind you of anyone? Purple heartHeartPurple heart 

Dylan's been in 'n out with sticks, I haven't seen 496 yet - and no fish, obviously.

IMAGICAT

• 03/04 August

Brenig

LM6 brought half a fish to the perch in the evening, LJ2 popped in but they were disturbed by a low-key intruder and he left.  I wonder if it was KS8, who has been reported in the area according to SHEILA's info the other day.

In the morning LJ2 returned, LM6 ate her fish and left and soon he left too.

During the morning LJ2 spent some time on the perch but when LM6 arrived he soon flew off:

After she'd been there for about an hour-and-a-half, he came back!

The cam started going glitchy, after a couple of minutes it froze and when it recovered he was gone.

After LM6 left "they" focused the cam on the water view and at about 10:00 it froze, never to recover so I've switched off the monitor.

IMAGICAT