LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

LINK TO APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021 THREAD

May they all arrive back safely. 

• Bright and Breezy at Llyn Clywedog today - good news as Saturday looks very wet again. Nice trout at 12.28.

The kids have been out and about again. 2018 youngsters KS7 and KS8 have both intruded at Glaslyn today, and KS7 then landed briefly at Clywedog at 15.45.

• My goodness the are really doing a Grand Tour. Interesting the the female is staying close to home. I can't remember which it is without checking my laptop. KS8?

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• KS7 is the male; KS8 his sister.
  • Thanks AG, that's what I thought but like to confirm. I make so many mistakes these days! Too many nest, too many ring numbers to remember these days, which is good!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• SheilaFE said:
    Too many nest,

You're telling me, SHEILA!  But for once I've remembered to start Clywedog on time, now I can pack up with a light heart Grin 

And it looks like a lovely bright dry start to the day Hugging

IMAGICAT

• 07 May

08:25 Dylan arrived to take over with a stick - which he didn't get from a tree, it looked more like a piece of prepared firewood or a leg off a piece of furniture:

09:11 he flew in to defend but I couldn't see anyone:

10:42 he was back with a footful of something small, certainly not a fish.

12:29 in again accompanied by Seren's fishcalls, but empty-taloned, pottered, flew off.

14:20 heavy-looking headless fish, I couldn't get a better pic:

15:05 Dylan flies off with what she brought back:

In the afternoon there was a mystery kinda disturbance - Seren flew off, no-one on the eggs, Dylan flew in and put his fishtail on the eggs and flew off with it, Seren eventually returned.

This is VERY roughly cut, you'll have to look at the timeline if you want to know how long between each bird:

20:00 Dylan flew in to relieve for half an hour:

Seren at final shutdown:

There may have been significant events missed, I don't see things when scrolling thru long footage fast.

IMAGICAT

• Another soggy incubating female......rain seems general for Wales and England
  • There was an update yesterday (7/5/21) from the Brenig Osprey Project.

"Firstly, many thanks to you all for your overwhelming and continuous support of the Brenig osprey pair.
    Over the past few days LM6 and LJ2 have been mainly around their nest site although a greylag goose was caught taking a brief rest on the nest this morning.
    We have not seen them show much interest in the Duck Island nest which was uncovered last Saturday. This morning there was a report of them briefly around one of the covered-up nests but they were soon back at their original site.
    They have been slowly approaching the new nest and both ospreys spent time on the nest today. It was good to see LM6 sitting in the nest and pecking at the bedding, moving it slightly whilst LJ2 was on the nest perch.
    Kim, North Wales Wildlife Trust."
    "Duck Island" was the island to which The Bridge in the TV show was to be built. It was glad news from Welsh Water that they have not been approached about another series.
  • Llyn Clywedog has been wet most of the day. Dylan produced an early trout at 7.28 a.m. Report of an intruder at 14.14 but no good view of it.

• Thank you, AG - I'm not going to be able to contribute much but here was their joint defence at intruder time (as you say, no sighting):

IMAGICAT