LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

LINK TO APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021 THREAD

May they all arrive back safely. 

• Unknown said:
    Blue LM6, a Scottish female from Lake of Menteith Stirling, and Blue LJ2, a Scottish male originally from South Argyll, both born in 2018.

Thank you, AG, for generously sharing info that you pay for Blush

How exciting to have a pair of such young birds to watch as they learn.  I'm sure NWWT will get the live stream going as soon as they possibly can but am a bit pessimistic, given that they've already been trying for some weeks Slight frown

IMAGICAT

• Thanks Scylla. The live stream has worked sporadically. They can get the pictures to the Visitor Centre, but the whole system crashes when they try to stream it. It was working early this year and stopped when their computers did a Windows update. We've all been there!

The key things for me from NWWT is this sentence. "This year we continue to work with Dwr Cymru to ensure that the birds are protected". They can only achieve that by extending the exclusion zone on the reservoir to more than 150m from the osprey nest, and having no return of the reality TV nonsense.
  • It is indeed wonderful to know that we have a new pair, albeit not the pair we were hoping for. We can just hope that 'our pair' have relocated, although I am surprised that no one has yet spotted them. I assume they haven't gone back to last year's feeding station.

It's a pity they didn't protect them properly last year. Hopefully there won't be a reoccurrence of the reality show. Was there any outcome from the investigations that went on after the event?

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Perch on the menu again at Llyn Clywedog, 13.30 and 15.50

• @Sheila there is silence from most of the powers that be about the outcome of any investigations last year and the possibility of another programme. Questions are being posed to the producers and NRW and I hope we will get some confirmation of the situation before long.  Most of the infrastructure they created at Llyn Brenig last year as been dismantled, which is good, unless they try to rebuild it this year!

• Thanks for the update AG It would be absolutely scandalous if such a thing happened again I think it is too awful a coincidence that since then there has been no sign of Blue24 or HR7
  • Patily, Please remember Merin--who would have thought that he would next be reported as returning to the UK? If he had not been seen here, we might worry that he had perished since he is not back at his nest site in, was it Denmark? When a nest fails for any reason, both birds may move to another site together the following year or even split up and each find new partners elsewhere. If neither or both are not reported as seen (someone may see them but keep it quiet!), we worry they may have died, but of course, that may not at all be the case. Therefore, both Blue 24 and HR7 may be happily nesting elsewhere, unreported, together or with other partners. Fingers crossed that we will hear news of one or both of them at some point in the future and until then let us do our best to concentrate on the other birds who are back and who we can enjoy every day. I am not a natural optimist, but in current pandemic conditions, I try to ignore depressing stuff!

Kind regards, Ann

• Thank you ANN Its just that I asked weeks ago whether they could have nested eksewhere and was told that extensive searches had been made????