FOULSHAW MOSS, & ALL LAKE DISTRICT NEST OBSERVATIONS MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

THIS THREAD IS FOR THE SCREENSHOTS & INFO FROM FOULSHAW MOSS WEBCAM AND ANY UPDATES FROM ROUDSEA OSPREY PROJECT/ESTHWAITE OSPREY SAFARI.

CONTINUED FROM 2020

FEMALE BLUE 35 - HATCHED 2010 - KIELDER 1 NEST - UNRINGED PARENTS

MALE WHITE YW - HATCHED 2008 - BASSENTHWAITE - UNRINGED PARENTS 

In the meantime Foulshaw Moss have posted a lovely video on their FB page this morning.

LINK TO FACEBOOK PAGE

© CUMBRIA WILDLIFE TRUST

• Roudsea Wood   RSPB Loch Garten, Abernethy posted a general update on their FB page on successful nests this year, presumably within the Forest.  A comment in response was really interesting

Re-introductions, interestingly a Rutland Water bred female has nested in NW England this year paired to a Roudsea born male (S Cumbria).

Has anyone any idea which birds these are?  

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• 08 August

Supper

463 had got the fish, flown off and returned with it, eaten some of it with 462 standing by - but then 464 arrived and claimed the fish with no objection from anyone, ate some and flew off with it Thinking

09 Aug

First fish:

After 2 chicks had had a go at it, this much got left on the nest - it was Dad who came and took it away, he brought it back and the chicks started on it again.

Corvids ran riot for a lot of the time.

IMAGICAT

• 10 August

Very quick run-thru !!!

First sign of a parent was YW bringing in a stick, he did quite a bit of sorting too:

Lots of corvid activity all day, clashing with chicks.

Fish !!!

Trying a quicker method of clarifying pics, no good (the cam really doesn't like the sun, I think):

Oh wow !!! !!! !!!

I think this was 462 with a huge headless fish - 463 claimed it and 462 behaved like a parent and let him have it Open mouth 

17:39 PATILY accidentally posted this in Clywedog - this will be 463 still eating:

463  with large potion of fish and a complaining sibling

If I were half a videographer I'd have checked this thru frame by frame to see maybe how 462 got the fish and who got what afterwards, but look at the time and I haven't touched Glaslyn.

IMAGICAT

• 11 August

First in this morning, claiming the leftover fish and managing to get some good bites out of it:

IMAGICAT

• 2 juvies on the nest awaiting breakfast One occupied itself moving a stick and the other engaged in some wing flapping before hopping onto the thick branch The stick moved started voicing their displeasure at being kept waiting and then flew off, still protesting
  • 11 August

Several hours after PATILY's report, 462 & 463 had quite a battle over a large headless trout(?) - it got shared over time (not shown), then the day completes:

IMAGICAT

• I juvie has a fish and another is shouting that that's not fair Then the fish owner began too, telling the world "Hands off This is mine"
  •  12 August

I don't know who got what, and only found 3 fish all day via a speedy scan thru.

IMAGICAT