FOULSHAW MOSS, & ALL LAKE DISTRICT NEST OBSERVATIONS MARCH 2021 TO END FEB 2022

THIS THREAD IS FOR THE SCREENSHOTS & INFO FROM FOULSHAW MOSS WEBCAM AND ANY UPDATES FROM ROUDSEA OSPREY PROJECT/ESTHWAITE OSPREY SAFARI.

CONTINUED FROM 2020

FEMALE BLUE 35 - HATCHED 2010 - KIELDER 1 NEST - UNRINGED PARENTS

MALE WHITE YW - HATCHED 2008 - BASSENTHWAITE - UNRINGED PARENTS 

In the meantime Foulshaw Moss have posted a lovely video on their FB page this morning.

LINK TO FACEBOOK PAGE

© CUMBRIA WILDLIFE TRUST

• patily said:
    OMG! 492 has FLEDGED

IMAGICAT

• No just popping onto the campost, that was a proper fledge and take off into the distance.

Richard B

• Janni said:
    Patily, in your excitement you have got the ring numbers slightly confused! It is 462 who has fledged this morning leaving 463 on the nest!

What with an initial typo, then changing it to tally with PATILY's number, which I typoed again... my title has been changed about 4 times Grin 

#3 463 is appalled by his sibs' activities:

IMAGICAT

• That's a stunning portrait of #3 463. Who ever would have thought that the scrawny hen pecked scrap would turn out to be such a beauty and to carry the accolate of being Chick #100 on this nest. Quite my favourite!
  • Janni said:
    Quite my favourite!

I saw a lot of that on the Glaslyn Chat this morning, JANNI Hugging  I must say I've been worrying about him, seeing his heavy wings the other day and thinking how long he'll be on the nest on his own.  And of course, he'll take it all in his stride and make steady progress and off he will fly soon enough Relaxed 

IMAGICAT

• I didn't get the chicks confused I got the middle digit wrong, which was daft after watching all season
  • No worries patily - I just thought you might want it corrected for record keeping purposes! I actually find it confusing that 2 of the chicks weren't ringed in age order! 464 being #1 and 462 being #2. No mistaking #3 being 463 but as he is called quite often, Tiny. His story is the most memorable I think.
  • Unknown said:
    No just popping onto the campost,

Regarding the first fledge, RICHARD - did anyone witness where she flew?  It did look as tho she popped up to the campost but there was a parent (must have been Blue35) already there and I don't know if there's another perch that 464 could have landed on, so I assumed she flew past Mum and out into the wild.

Of course, we don't have a Heather-equivalent at FM, we're so spoiled at Glaslyn Grin

IMAGICAT

• I agree with you JANNI that is confusing that they weren't ringed in order as we first thought I think not-so-tiny-now will be one of those birds we won't ever forget We will be rotting for him to return I can't remember who they are now butI think some returnees have been third chicks in nests. Perhaps having to fight for survival there stands them in good sted

Currently 463 is self-feeding with an older sibling just standing there Difficult to see how 463 is managing as close-up cam not working
  • 12 July - 463 getting a little stronger:

IMAGICAT