WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY MARCH 9, 2021

Hallo all!  Here some photos taken during my morning walks along Cathedral Oaks Blvd and the citrus orchards below the foothills.  The only thing that is missing are the oaks (!), but AQ will recognize the eucalyptus.  

• OG Hope all goes smoothly for J tomorrow.

Another cold day here with wintery showers.
  • Went to the Post Office, geared up with a raincoat on in case I got caught on a shower, but on fact the sun came out and it's very springlike here. The birds are chasing one another around, either fighting or courting,

Heather, my dreams would make a fortune if I could bottle them! Not helped last night by my OH wanting to watch an old Tom Hanks movie called Castaway. I'm sure I spent a lot of the night looking for something to eat on a desert island!!
  • As DIBNLIB said, cold here with wintry showers. Snow on the hills.
    LINDY, Just before sunrise here I heard a blackbird singing his heart out.
  • Morning all:  Was watching two crows argue over something edible in the garden and was amazed to see the more aggressive one put it's foot (claw?) on the other's so it couldn't get away and then shout at it.   I guess crow families have their own difficult members.  :-)

Heather:  I'm not sure what, if anything, OH and I will get but I know my granddaughter, who is single and 'head of household' for tax purposes should get that amount plus the same for Ms. D.  

OG  Let us know how things are with J.

• Crows are notoriously clever, so wouldn't be surprised if they did "dirty tricks" to cheat each other out of some food, Annette, LOL!

Heather: hearing a blackbird sing is one of my favourite sounds in the whole world. Sorry youre still getting such cold weather - maybe this next week will be warmer, when its supposed to be more settled again.

Off to poach some Haddock for our meal, as its fish Friday again already.

• BLACKBIRD

You thrill my soul with songs of joy -
    Your pure notes ring so true.
    The simplest tunes you do employ
    But they make me pause, for you.

At first light of day, and then at dusk
    Your heart is thrown out
    Clean.
    Although no words your song has used,
    We still know what they mean.

• Good grief:  Where is everybody?  I've been cooking meals for OH to eat while I'm away next week.  Was a good day for it, with thunder and lightning this afternoon, and of course the much welcomed rain.

Lindybird:  Lovely poem - thank you!

Diane: Is that huge snowstorm that's heading east going to affect you?

• Annette: I hope you will be safe in Arizona. The newest maps look rough there. I'm sure you'll check the weather before you leave.

I don't know about me yet. My forecast for next week looks cold, rainy, and windy on Monday, but fairly warm during the days the rest of the week with showers. That western storm could be an historic record breaker, and it's going to move slowly so it's hard to predict.

• Safe travel ANNETTE.

After 32 C yesterday, cool today with morning rain. Yeay, 8.6 mm. Great for the, um, weeds. This afternoon blue sky & sunshine.

• Lindy: Your Blackbird poem is lovely! Hope Bonnie has digested her questionable snack well. LOL Hope you get your jersey soon.

Annette: Crows are fascinating to watch. The crows here like me. One time a crow was being mobbed and attacked by a flock of starlings on my patch. I always have to stand up for the underdog (LOL LOL), so I shooed the starlings away, and the crow was able to get away. Since then, the crows have always seemed to trust me. 

Heather: I had to laugh at your dreams. Your imagination is as vivid as mine. Yes, I'm due to receive the $1400. I checked my bank account and it hasn't been deposited yet. 

AQ: I'm hope you are continuing to get your energy back and are able to get out more. I know it's an uphill climb to recover.