WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY MARCH 9, 2021

Hallo all!  Here some photos taken during my morning walks along Cathedral Oaks Blvd and the citrus orchards below the foothills.  The only thing that is missing are the oaks (!), but AQ will recognize the eucalyptus.  

• I haven't got much to say!

Royal thing seems so unnecessary - I am still feeling sorry for the Queen and Prince Philip, but the stuff that has been said has been hyped by the press - and I must say Oprah is a good director, so it was well orchestrated.

Will close Birds Eye speculation by saying HEATHER was right!

J has an MRI brain scan tomorrow afternoon - a reassurance check up suggested by his neurologist - in Dumfries. EE will take him

Had some wet and windy weather, but nothing really bad..
  • Annette: Have a safe trip and do be careful if the sun is hampering your vision. Here where I live, we are receiving multiple warnings reminding us to slow down and pay close attention when driving. At this time of year, the sunrise and sunset on the horizon causes really bad visibility on our east/west roads. We have very sharp curves, deep woods, and steep hills along our highways and county roads. 

There's a large Amish population in my area. So, a driver can be roaring along at 55 or 60 mph, go around a sharp curve or go over a steep hill, and suddenly an Amish horse-drawn buggy is right there traveling at 3 or 4 mph. It's very difficult to get stopped, and people and horses die in crashes every year. I really hate to drive at this time of year, even more than usual. 

Lindy: I've received text messages for the last 3 days telling me to confirm my supposed Amazon order for an iPad. I also receive vulgar texts about male anatomy. LOL So tired of the spam. 

• Diane:  Thank you - yes, am well aware of that.  When I used to work for AAA here in California and edited the New Mexico magazine (NM's AAA club was owned by the Auto Club of Southern California), we ran regular reminders about the problems of driving East/West when the sun is so low, especially on Interstate 40,  No trees, few curves, just the blinding sun and the road.  I take I-10 to AZ, which is pretty much the same.  (No Amish in buggies though.)   Not leaving until Sunday.

• Hope all goes well for J, OG. It will be another appointment for him to undergo. Hope it's not too stressful.

Diane, I've not been lucky enough to receive male anatomy in my messages! but I've certainly had just about everything else, ha!

Today I went into the garden to feed the birds: I was carrying a packet of seed, a fatball, and some sunflower seeds, so I put the fatball down on top of a potted plant whilst I took down the feeder to replenish it. When I finished, I turned around to see Bonnie chomping gleefully on something, on the lawn. She was just finishing eating the fatball <sigh>
  • It seems to me that it is six of one and half a dozen of the other kind of interview. Well said Alan re in respect of both the Duke and HMQ.

Well the wind and rain hit us but not as bad as some areas. Been a blustery, showery, day today.

OG - Hope the scan goes well for J.
  • I don’t believe in astrology; I’m a Sagittarius and we’re skeptical. (Arthur C Clarke)

A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. (Groucho Marx)

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

• Great quotes, AQ! Good Morning Everyone.

Reading back & looking at my post about good acting, I can see that I didn't make it clear that it was not ME who was crying, but Katherine Hepburn -- a brilliant actress, and it reminded me of the now famous interview where someone was very damp eyed mostly throughout!!
  • Bonnie seems non the worse for eating a big lump of fat & seeds, but I only gave her one small dog biscuit for her lunch instead of the usual three.

Yesterday I crossed our damp lawn to tie up two clumps of daffodils which are just on the point of opening up, but which had been thrown sideways by the wind. We can enjoy them from our window so I'd been looking forward to their brightness but now they will look a bit rigid -- still, at least they will open now. :-)
  • Like  DIANE, I have been having vivid dreams lately - and have been convinced that the content was real!
    I dreamt that I'd given away the few bits of real jewellery that I own, that a lady came to the door to tell me that she was making and upholstering armchairs for £100 each (!),
    I was hearing that most US citizens are in line for a payout of $1400 to help during these bad times ? I don't think that was in a dream....