WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY MARCH 9, 2021

Hallo all!  Here some photos taken during my morning walks along Cathedral Oaks Blvd and the citrus orchards below the foothills.  The only thing that is missing are the oaks (!), but AQ will recognize the eucalyptus.  

• Pat, yesterday I wandered into our sitting room and found my OH watching an old film - he loves the vintage stuff. It was "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" which seemed strangely appropriate at the minute. Near the final scenes, there is a part where the main actress, the totally wonderful Katherine Hepburn, had to make a long speech about the young people who wanted to marry - as she made this long and passionate speech, a tear began to form in the corner of one eye. Then, gradually, a whole pool of tears welled up in both eyes. It was very moving. Then I thought, "Ah, what acting!!" also "That's how they do it!"

• Lindybird: Old f***t alert here: Those were the days when stars were STARS (not folks with a Twitter account).
  • HEATHER - I saw a report about a native wood borer attacking the snow gums in Aussie Alps. The longicorn beetles grow 3-6 cm, effectively ringbark the trees. They think the trees that are drought-stressed.

I loved your summary ANNETTE.

Out for coffee this morn with bus trip friends; stayed for lunch with Travel Friend. I could get used to this “going-out”!!!

• Just a thought

The greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attention. (Richard Moss)

• Good Morning. A wild and windy night, here. Today could be the worst day for this disruptive weather, with it tailing off tomorrow.

Don't think I'll go out anywhere, although I will have to go to the Post Office sometime - I sent for a new jersey, and a parcel arrived containing a jacket, with an invoice for a lady living in Inverness!! They did replace it with the proper item fairly fast, and a label so that I could return the unwanted jacket- not much use to me as in a tiny size.
  • Didn't watch the interview, but read plenty instead. I think that the Sussex pair have behaved very badly indeed....toys thrown out!!!!
  • Morning all:  More rain overnight and apparently this storm is circling around so more showers expected today. The weeds are lapping it up.  We also had snow on the local mountains which is rare.   Snow also in the mountains of Arizona, but it should be gone by the time I arrive.  Not sure if I'll try to drive straight through on the way there, but I'll definitely make the trip home in one day.  Leaving here early in the morning just puts the sun right in your eyes for the first couple of hours.

AQ;   Any trips on the far horizon for you and friends?  Looks like our county may be entering the somewhat-less restricted Red Zone very soon with restaurants allowing inside dining with restrictions and gyms (hurray!) allowing limited access to indoor equipment.  

Lindybird:  Amazing - Inverness isn't exactly the next street over...   We got a call from a company the other day checking on my address because they'd had some mail returned.  Postal services are cracking up.

• Have a good and safe journey, Annette. The parcel was correctly addressed on the outside, so I guess that the lady in Inverness may have actually received my jersey instead! The person sorting it out on the phone apologised profusely for the mistake, but I said "Ah well, we're all only human" which cheered him up no end.
  • AQ - Nice to hear that you've had some "going out" of sorts. Sorry to hear about the trees.

We've had no less than three phone calls today claiming that someone has ordered an iPad on my Amazon account and would we like to confirm it. Swore & put the phone down on each occasion. No one to hear me as it's the usual recorded message & you don't even get the satisfaction of telling them what you think of them.