WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY MARCH 9, 2021

Hallo all!  Here some photos taken during my morning walks along Cathedral Oaks Blvd and the citrus orchards below the foothills.  The only thing that is missing are the oaks (!), but AQ will recognize the eucalyptus.  

• Annette: No worries. I'm too tired and distracted to chase you out of town (or anywhere else). LOL

Have a wonderful time with your family. I can't believe Ms D is 10!

• DIANE – Tired & distracted? I hope it's because you are feeding wildlife, not because of extreme weather or work overload.

Waste water testing has shown strong positive to covid in small section of Adelaide city. It is either an undetected case in the community or shedding from an old infection. If the first, it could be visitor/s attending the various festival this month. Medical authorities are warning those who have visited city in last week, to get tested if unwell. Complacency has increased alas.

• A room without books is like a body without a soul. (Marcus Tullius Cicero)

People are stupid today because all the interesting stuff is hidden safely in books.

I can’t understand why a person will take a year to write a novel when he can easily buy one for a few dollars. (Fred Allen)

• Rosy:  No idea how a Mad Scientist party works but I've a feeling I'm going to find out.

Diane: Hope you're distracted by worthy things like red-tailed hawks, bunnies, etc.

OG: Sorry the day started off on such a distressing note and then to have a meltdown over a meal.  Birds Eye?  What happened?  Did lumpy custard prove to be the last straw? Hope things got smoothed out and you feel calmer.

Tomorrow is noisy day around here with all three bins due for pick up..... Take care everyone.

• AQ: Nightmares. I dreamed last night that a woman showed up in my yard. She tried to sell me insurance, but didn't have any sales documents. She wouldn't leave when I asked her to go. Then, more and more people wandered onto my patch and into my garage, behaving cult-like, and all pretending to have reasons for being there. I ordered them to leave, but they refused. I said, "I'm calling the police!" Finally, they informed me that an important national event was going to happen and they needed to be in the woods. I woke up in terror because I couldn't get them off of my property. I was so tense that all my joints hurt! I think Stephen King writes my dreams. Sigh...

I hope you will be safe from the local COVID, AQ.

• Hi, Annette. Our posts crossed. See my explanation to AQ.

OG: I hope you have a better day today! I also wondered about the Birds Eye!

Heather: I hope you are sleeping better now--better than I am.

• LINDY how very traumatic and sad for her.
  • LINDY funny and true, I think.
  • LYNETTE Well done for 50 donations and LINDY for 49.

We didn't' watch the interview either. I fully intended to but then decided I would probably end up shouting at the TV which would do me no good. I thought the statement from the palace was perfect.

HEATHER Hope Callum doesn't have to wait too much longer. This must be so painful for all the family.
  • DIANE, That really was a "nightmare". It was obviously very scary. I hope last night was more restful.

OG, I also wondered about the Bird's Eye incident. I hope today is a better one for you.

I watched the interview over two days. We recorded some, as too much to swallow in one sitting! I was surprised that so many people, including some notable figures, appeared to accept one version of events, some of which did not add up.