Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 28 February 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!!!

I hope everyone has a joyful week and that spring is finally here for us all! (Except AQ, I hope your side of the world is cooler!)

• Another sunny day - a bit colder. More awake now in the evening than I was all day! Enjoying the reduced pain, so I won't give up this medication for anybody! Garden continues - EE has trimmed the Alder Tree. J has been"tidying" again - lots of paper out for recycling. I have been mostly sitting in front of TV, between eating meals.

My car is going for MoT and service tomorrow; it is allowed the 20 miles over the border as an essential journey, so EE will call in at the M&S Food Hall for some favourites.

AQ - hope you will soon be fit for exploring the ship, but don't rush it. I think we had seen the video of her move downriver.

HEATHER - pleased your Daughter got her test, but it sounds as if it was the asthma causing more concern.

LINDA - always good to catch up with Grandchildren (in our case Great Grandchildren) even if only online. Has your OH had a check-up since the Pleurisy?

Mouse seems to be carrying a lot of food below the deck - wondering if he has a harem and nursery down there! I sat and watched him for over an hour this morning!
  • Thanks HEATHER, yes, witches hats are our name for traffic cones. Not much evidence today on road; traffic back to normal busy, some staining of whatever and some sand not completely swept up.

OG – I hope Mouse’s family doesn’t grow so big they need to move in with you!!!

Same old, same old Wednesday – food shop, nanny nap, lazy tea (lasagna from shop).

• Just a thought

A day without laughter is a day wasted. (Charlie Chaplin)

• Good Morning. Misty here this morning, and colder.

OG - Hope all goes well with your car. Good that you think the meds are helping yo cancel out the pain.

We had a busy day yesterday - my OH went up a ladder and chopped the tops off two large holly trees in our front garden, as I gave directions from below. I cleaned more in the kitchen, then we had earnest discussions on the phone with my OHs sister Sue, and after some agreement, we rang up and booked ourselves onto a cruise which leaves the UK in May 2022!! It is to explore the coast and fjords of Norway, & quite similar to the one we should have been going on this year. An exciting trip, and something for us all to look forward to.
  • OG -- I was somewhat surprised that my OH left the hospital with no .mention of any aftercare. I presumed that they thought he would contact his GP if he had any concerns. In the event, I very nearly did that as two weeks after all the drama, he had some similar chest discomfort but thankfully it faded away after 24 hours.
  • Another dreich day here, not what the forecast gave us at all.

ANNETTE Benson travels in a cage so no head out of the window, thank goodness. My Mum had a red setter who liked her head out of the window all the time, no matter what the weather, a bit of a nightmare in winter.
  • Dibnlib: We also always put Bonnie in a crate for travelling. She is fine in there, and we know where she is! She often nibbles at the nearby luggage, through the bars, if we are on a trip.... It actually made us decide which car to buy the last time we changed the car as of course the crate has to fit into the boot space properly.

Its very grey here and much cooler, but at least its dry. I'm tackling the To Do List with all the small things on it. So far I've messaged and old friend, pruned a fuschia bush in the front garden, and now am off to mend a missing piece in a child's jigsaw!
  • LINDY Benson was the first dog we did put in a cage and we had a Volvo V 50 when we got him. After that we had 2 Rav 4s so the cage was fine. In Sept we sized down to a Golf and so had to buy a smaller cage. I was a bit worried at first but Benson is fine, he can lie down or sit as he wishes. He has always been an excellent traveller, and as long as he has room to ruck up his bedding he is happy.

Hope you manage to mend the jigsaw piece.
  • OG The badger cub is called Lavender and is doing well.

Hope your car passed and that EE got all you wanted from M&S.
  • Just a quick post, horribly tired, will catch up tomorrow -
    Middle daughter's PCR test was negative but her GP wanted to see her in the surgery. She has a nasty chest infection and is now on antibiotics. She feels and sounds awful but at least it's not pneumonia ( doc's comment!)

Take care, all