Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 21 February 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Roll on spring!

Jacob's Ladder Wildflowers
Glacier National Park
U.S. National Park Service, NPS/Jacob W. Frank
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• I'm utterly with Harry and Meghan. I can appreciate his wishing to protect his wife and children against what is our vicious gutter press.
  • Morning all:   Just went for first walk in a few days; always a positive way to start the day.   Sounds like folks on both sides of the equator are having nice weather, except maybe for Diane and bjane.

I agree that the British gutter press is uniquely venomous; here we seem to specialize in political poison (thinking of Fox news, which is owned by Rupert Murdoch who brought the UK the huge phone hacking scandal of a few years ago).   Time will tell how Harry and Meghan sort things out; meanwhile, I have enough family considerations of my own. :-))    But on the same sort of topic, OH and I watch the BBC news for the US each night and over the last week or so they've been including segments on such self-promoting celebrities as Kanye West and Kim Kardashian (good Lord, her name is even in spellcheck!).  Apparently, the BBC in a misguided effort to provide what they consider relevant local coverage has contracted with a Hollywood reporter called Perris Hilton to explain what's going with these and similar Tinsel Town Twits.  I mean really: Who gives a flying you-know-what!!   I'm going to send them (the BBC) an e-mail and tell them to sort themselves out.  Having got that out of my system, I'm now going in search of breakfast.  :-))

Take care all.

• It's been a mixed day, here - a little sunshine this morning but its also tried to rain a couple of times. I've been reading and also watching some stuff from tv which my OH does not enjoy, whilst he has been doing crosswords & dozing in the conservatory -- a really lazy Sunday!

Much discussion with family & friends over the unfortunate drama of Harry & Meghan. Younger members of our family don't actually care much, they probably think the Royal Family are dinosaurs. But like a lot of anti royalists, they don't have any idea of how to replace the system (President Piers Morgan, anyone?!) All of our contemporaries think that it's a crying shame that all this has happened to Diana's much loved son, & that Meghan has a lot of explaining to do. The newspapers are a lot of blood sucking hacks, making guesses about what's really been said on both sides. But they do have a point that HM Queen has been really upset over this, at her age, and with enough problems on her plate at the moment.

• Annette, Iove your description of Tinsel Town Twits!!!!!
  • Wow.. A very quiet Sunday on here. I hope everyone has been enjoying themselves....
  • Monday. Tuesday. Wednesday. Thursday. Friday. I blinked. Monday.

Who needs another day added to the weekend?

First five days after the weekend are the hardest.

• Good Morning. Damp here, but supposed to clear up with a little wintry sunshine, later.

Everyone in UK is agog at what our great leader is going to say, after promising us he will announce the slow release of restrictions, today.

Hope everyone has a good week :-)
  • Enjoying our snowdrops in the garden.

• I tried a new recipe yesterday- Pear Almondine Tart. Ground almonds, butter, sugar & egg with pears set in it. It was tasty but I need to tweak the recipe as it wouldn't come out of the tin in a neat slice. Should have used a loose bottomed tin, which might have helped.