Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 21 February 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Roll on spring!

Jacob's Ladder Wildflowers
Glacier National Park
U.S. National Park Service, NPS/Jacob W. Frank
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Just lovely Diane.  Very uplifting.  Thank you (hope you and bunnies are well).

Hallo to everyone else.  Done Not Much today and rather enjoyed it.

• Good afternoon DIANE. Jacob’s Ladder wildflower – beautiful, I’d love to have them in my garden. Alas they “easily self-seed and spread uncontrollably” – just what I don’t need. I hope you bought enough carrots.

LINDA – I was early for church - we no longer have to book and I do not want to be turned away. I know that the volunteer Covid Marshall counts numbers. Apparently a city parish was fined for exceeding limit.

Lovely day. Max so far 22 C.

• Just a thought

This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before. (Maya Angelou)

• The Aussie roll-out of covid vaccine jab begins. Today a sample of Stage 1 - border force, quarantine workers, nurses & aged care residents the first. Also the PM to show it is safe. Tomorrow they begin in earnest. Yesterday rallies in cities by covidiots against vaccines.
  • Good morning, all. Apparently the first osprey has been seen in the UK, in East Sussex!
  • As Alan says "you never know"  bit early,hope the weather will be kind for it.

Interesting data    HERE

AQ love today's quote.Thank you.

• Good Morning. Thank you to Diane for starting us off, and for the beautiful wildflowers, which lift the spirits.

AQ -- Things beginning to change for you there now - here, there was a distinct atmosphere of optimism once they began to vaccinate. Of course, it doesn't solve everything but it does represent progress and hopefully saves lives. Our figures here are slowly climbing down at last - with Spring on the way, everyone is feeling better about things although we are all weary of the restrictions. Boris will be making his statement about his plans for the future, tomorrow, and millions will be hanging on his words.

• My flowers have their heads hanging down,  after all the rain. But Spring is on its way!!

• LINDY Hope your OH has an easier walk today. I think it is going to be a lovely day here so Benson may be treated to another walk at the canal.

DIANE thanks for starting us off.

I heard Nicholas Witchell commenting on the Sussex reply to HM, he called it impertinent. I think this is a word we rarely hear and very appropriate in this case.
  • dibnlib - I agree 'impertinent' is the right word in this case. I feel so sad this has happened. I just have a feeling in the back of my mind Harry is being led into this behaviour. He always seemed such a strong and loyal member of the Royal Family until ... his life changed. He seems a bit like a puppet with someone else pulling the strings. I may be wrong, of course, but that's how it seems to me.

Diane - Thank you for the lovely wildflowers and words of wisdom to start our week. Two senses satisfied!

Have a good Sunday, everyone.