Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 February 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a safe and healthy week!

White-Tailed Deer
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
US National Park Service, NPS/Pat Cohee
Photo labeled Public Domain/Copyright Free

• DIANE keep warm, under an electric blanket sounds like a plan !
  • I hoped someone would tell me what a quidditch is. Mr Google isn't terribly helpful - something to do with Harry Potter. Haven't a clue ...

It's been snowing here since before dawn, but it's wet snow and not really laying. But the trees and garden look pretty, although the grass is too wet. As it's forecast to go on for the next three days I guess we will all be 'white' soon. I'm going nowhere today!
  • PAT - Quiddich is a game played by Harry Potter at his magic school. I'm not sure what DIBNLIB was referring to, unless it was a mistake by predictive text ? I'm sure that she will enlighten us !
  • Thank you, Heather. :-) Whilst I was writing the above, he was putting on layers of clothes ready to take the dog out! He didn't go for long, but looked a bit pinched in the face when he got back. No telling him not to go!

When his sister rang, he told her he was in good hands "with a nagging wife!" LOL!

Annette, fingers crossed that you can complete the project without too much hassle.

AQ - In the Harry Potter books, the characters at the school are keen on playing a game called Quidditch which is best described as a game of hockey in several dimensions, on broomsticks. (They are witches) The puck they chase after is called a quidditch and there is also a flying quaffle!!

Edit: I Googled it and see that you can buy plastic replicas of a Quidditch, for children to play with! So that must be the answer.

• I knew my knowledge was sadly lacking through not reading Harry Potter. I've never seen a James Bond film either. And I know nothing about pop music. I'm useless at quizzes! But I can get the classical music questions, and history, and occasionally the Bible. I guess we just have to recognise which part of the wheel we inhabit!
  • Thanks LINDY !
    OG - I love carrot and coriander soup. Haven't made it for ages, though. I used to chop fresh coriander on it when serving but now don't buy it as I don't know what to do with what's left. Used to put it on curries. Maybe could freeze it?
  • I was a bit confused myself about the quidditch.. I think the game is called quidditch and the ball is a snitch. What we found was the golden snitch with feathery wings. I do have a Harry Potter book somewhere and I have no doubt they will be playing quidditch somewhere in it.

The walk along the track was a bit dodgy this morning. A lot of care was needed.
  • ANNETTE The history of the Calcutta Cup goes way back. Princess Ann is patron of the Scotland team and rarely misses their matches. As she couldn't attend in person. a pic has been posted showing the PR and Tim watching the match at home. She will be thrilled that they won.
  • Morning all:  I see JK Rowling has a lot to answer for.

Diane:  I'm hoping Biden's efforts will get more vaccine out to more communities sooner than later, especially those in hard-to-reach and under served areas.

Worked all morning on my freelance stuff and made a lot of progress so should be able to send it off tomorrow.  Catching up now with papers that have been buried in the meantime.  Next week I'm determined to do a thorough house clean and I've warned OH to be prepared for major upheavals. If he's smart, he'll hide in his office...

• Dibnlib: I saw that photo somewhere, of Princess Anne and her husband watching TV. Everyone commenting thought their sitting room looked very homely.