Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 January 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Everyone have a wonderful week!

Bear on the Path
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
U.S. National Park Service/Warren Bielenberg
Photo Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Lindy - I read 'The Light Between Oceans' a few months ago. A very unusual book, which I enjoyed. I have recorded the film and will hopefully watch it shortly. I wonder if I'll be disappointed? I usually prefer the book ... we shall see. Did you enjoy the film?
  • Pat -- I haven't read the book, so had no expectations. You will have to decide for yourself if it does the book justice, but we enjoyed the film, although it was one of those you only need to see once.

==== === === === ===
    We just heard that a man who we know through other friends, but lives only two streets away from here, has sadly died of the virus. He was about 55. His wife was unable to visit him during his two weeks in hospital, which seems awful.

===  ===   ===   ===  ===

See that Ciciley Tyson has died, a great actress who had reached the age of 96.

ps Hope that OG is well and busy 

• HeatherB - unfortunately will not copy and past nut love your idea of what members could do   re singing all the old Methodist hymns etc.

Just catching up with all the news and skimmimg through the pages.   Finally got a letter to organise jab so arranged to go to one of our centres

next Tuesday. Also had communication from our Doc's so had to ring them and cancel - there collective centre was 10 miles away whereas the 

centre I'[ve arranged to go is merely 3 miles away.

Belated Burn's night and Australia Day to all concerned.     It was a beautiful full moon last night - the Wolf moon - shining so brightly at 4am in the morning.

• BBGW tomorrow, must try and remember to do it. Birds were singing away the other day but not heard them
    much today. Just skimmed through your news, too much to comment on but caught Lindy's poem on Troglotyte?
    Have a good weekend all, they say we are in for a brief wintry spell down here but will have to wait and see what comes our way.

Take care all and keep safe.
  • Dau & Co came, entertained, & went. All were in white karate uniforms (mum & dad too). Trio demonstrated some moves. Then MissJ said she was a worm & squirmed over the carpet, “now I’m a ball”, so I duly rolled her towards her mum. Then all 3 became frogs. Leapfrog in our small lounge room required frequent turns! All too soon it was time for karate. Dau delivered enough spag bol meat sauce for 2 meals. No guessing what’s for tea this eve.

• Just a thought

Time spent with family is worth every second.

• AQ: Oh my - I can imagine just how busy that visit was! Phew. Still, can't disagree about those special times.. :-)
  • Good Morning. Dark here but not wet. Yet.

AQ: Sounds like a lively visit. Our Youngest did karate for a few years, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice for you to not have to cook, what a kind daughter.

Off to get supplies, here. We completely ran out of milk yesterday as when I got some milk out of the freezer, it had separated & then had to be thrown away - a lesson for me not to keep it for too long.
  • HEATHER What a lovely butcher your daughter has. These local shops are the best. Lets not lose them.
  • Agree, DIBNLIB if we don't use them we lose them!
    AQ - great that you got spag bol and even better that you were treated to a karate session! One of my granddaughters does karate, she really enjoys it and every so often I get a video of her doing her Kata.
    Eldest daughter came for lunch and chat. We had smoked salmon on sourdough bread. Lovely!