Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 January 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Everyone have a wonderful week!

Bear on the Path
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
U.S. National Park Service/Warren Bielenberg
Photo Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Gardenbirder, thanks for the link to Scyllas video. Not seen it yet : must get some breakfast.

By the way, everyone in UK, don't forget The Big Garden Birdwatch this weekend!
  • Sadly, very few self-respecting birds will be flying around today, as yet again it's pouring with rain and very windy. Hope it doesn't continue for too long, but the forecast isn't promising ...
  • Not many birds here, a pigeon and several gulls !
    My granddaughters Bella and Millie went to the local butcher's shop yesterday with Mum. He asked Bella (5) if she was doing home schooling. Answer - 'Yes but my mummy is not a very good teacher'. He laughed and reached into his oven and presented them each with a warm sausage roll. They were thrilled !
  • DIANE Love Scrabble, haven't a clue where Chess is concerned which is why OH plays on line. He plays people from all over the world and it is very competitive.
  • LINDY We are just waiting to hear from Viking that our Douro cruise in April is cancelled.If poss we will reschedule till next year.
  • Been busy sorting papers and scrubbing sinks - all very exciting....

Last night we watched "The Light Between Oceans" which was an unusual film and gave us something to discuss.

The window cleaner came, only an hour after I had said to my OH "I wonder when the window cleaner will come this month?" I seem to do that often!
  • dibnlib said:
    LINDY We are just waiting to hear from Viking that our Douro cruise in April is cancelled.If poss we will reschedule till next year.

Good Luck!  I suppose it will be cancelled: our cruise line, Fred Olsen, said that they were cancelling everything up to June this year (and ours was in May).  Hope you can find another.

• Morning all:   Pouring with rain here again, but not expected to be more than intermittent showers.  Birds are gathered on the trellis under the eaves and also along the higher branches of the climbing rose, also under the eaves.   Today I'm on the hunt for a package reported delivered by the Post Office at 8:30 last night but nowhere in sight...   Our post offices are short-staffed and working many hours, so can only assume a tired worker delivered it (in the dark and rain) to the wrong mailbox.  Have put an Alert on our neighborhood website, which comes in handy for things like this.  

Heather:  I think the scales may have fallen away from many young eyes re their parents' abilities!  Ms. D has also commented rather wearily on the lack of teaching skills of adults in her circle (but not her Mom's).

Lindybird:  Maybe we should ask you to channel contractors, etc. regarding their schedules!  :-)

• Annette, we seem to get many requests like yours on our local social media, for things which are supposed to have been delivered, but have disappeared. The poor delivery persons seem to have way too much to do on their schedule, and dash off as if their lives depend on it.