Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 January 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Everyone have a wonderful week!

Bear on the Path
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
U.S. National Park Service/Warren Bielenberg
Photo Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Gardenbirder That Marimba performance was superb, thank you.
  • I used to like baked beans but now I prefer beans in a burrito.

Gardenbirder:  Love the trio on the marimba!  Brought a big smile to my face, especially the bits where they switched positions.  They were so obviously enjoying themselves.  

Lindybird: Another brilliant poem!  

dibnlib:  Not so much worried about warmth as the weight of the snow on the roof of the coop, which was homemade (besides, wouldn't it have to be snowed-in on all sides to be warm - a la igloo?)  I'm clueless....

I have to fess up and admit my idea of an ideal 'cave' is a compact RV that I can stand up in, plus a shower where I can actually raise my arms, a kitchen, a/c, comfy bed and retractable roof dish for access to wifi and TV.  

Our neighborhood hawk has been hanging out in next door's tree just a few feet from our orange tree and the birdfeeder.  OH said it was at the fountain again yesterday, just before It got a bright little goldfinch.  :-(    It's there again this morning, but the feeder is under the eaves of the house due to the rain.  It made two passes with no luck the first time, except for scattering the birds and alarming a squirrel, also in the tree, which sat stock-still on the branch for about 10 minutes. Second time round the hawk scored a meal and is now dropping feathers all over the place again.

Rain here and likely to stay for about three days....

• Pat O said:
    I hate baked beans ...

So do I.  There is much tastier food about if you want to be monumentally flatulent.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Will someone play Scrabble with me in the cave? I love to play Scrabble, but I can only play against robots on Pogo.com It 'd be wonderful to have someone to talk to!

• Lindybird: You mentioned surprise at AZ family's snow? They're at almost 6 thousand feet, so it's a pretty normal event..... Lots of mountains and high desert in the Southwest.

• Diane: Sorry, I'm hopeless at Scrabble or any kind of game that requires strategy. Now Snakes & Ladders or Monopoly? Count me in.

• Unknown said:

Will someone play Scrabble with me in the cave? I love to play Scrabble, but I can only play against robots on Pogo.com It 'd be wonderful to have someone to talk to!

I'd happily play Scrabble with you, just not in a cave.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Happy to play Scrabble, snakes and ladders, Monopoly ... when you live on your own these things just don't happen. I used to play online Scrabble and backgammon with robots, but it's not the same as playing with another person.
  • Does anybody here play chess?