Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 January 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Everyone have a wonderful week!

Bear on the Path
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
U.S. National Park Service/Warren Bielenberg
Photo Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Rosy:  Got the extensions and they're all in place.  Now it had better rain as long and hard as promised!

OG;  Good to see you and also hope the beans sit well.

Lindybird: Sorry about your knees. Are they bothering you more these days?

AZ family spent all day shoveling snow!  Granddaughter drove partner's huge truck to daughter's, but then they had to shovel snow from the gate before they could open it and park near the front door.   

• LINDA – Thanks for Aussie Day greetings. Of course the minority as usual are loudly calling it Invasion Day and/or want to change the date. Ho hum, I can’t go back where I came from; my ancestors lived in what are now 5 different countries.

CLARE – I would take him up in a water bomber and drop him in midst of. . . Word is that he was in Country Fire service for 20 years. Police have their eye on some 200 potential firebugs.

DIBNLIB – Keep the neeps, I’m happy with haggis though.

PAT & HEATHER - A cave? I need a comfy bed and cool weather and plenty of books. (Note, I’m on my last library book.)

ANNETTE – Burns Night & Aussie Day. Just imagine the Scots celebrating DownUnder this last weekend!

OG – Please don’t defer that mammogram too long.

I see UK leader has seen that people can’t be trusted to self-isolate at home and is discussing hotel quarantine for incoming travellers. We colonials can teach Mother Country something!

• I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong. (Benjamin Franklin)

Good questions outrank easy answers. (Paul Samuelson)

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don’t know the answer. (Douglas Adams)

• Good Morning. A crisis looms if AQ is on her last library book!

Annette, glad you passed your physical. Nice to be told you're doing OK. :-) Surprising that they have snow where your family are!

Rosy, I love hardware shops, too.
  • I have rummaged through boxes, found 2 books to re-read, likely they will find their way to nearby church 2nd hand bookshop.
  • Heather B said:
    Not sure what job to give CLARE but she is very adaptable so can fill in for the rest of us at a moment's notice.

I think most would agree that I'm, all too frequently, the Gob Almighty.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good morning all - that cave sounds very enticing. When I was in my 30-40s - I had a very high pressure job and 3 children to bring up almost single handed and I used to say

"one day I am going to run away and lie in a cave with no technology and live off plants and berries!"

Not sure I am Manager material though - I have had enough of trying to motivate a team, so I would be happy to be told what to do for a change!

I would bring all my books and start a library.

When I told my colleagues I was giving up my job in IT Sales and moving to Suffolk - they said - is that where your cave is?

Have a good day all.

• Enjoying all the comments about cave dwelling !
    I have been thinking that some might think being light hearted in the midst of so much sad news is inappropriate. All I can say is that ' black humour' is a well known way of getting through awful situations :-)
  • Seriously, though, I'd never live in a cave as I don't like being under the ground.

Harelady, I'd happily join my book collection to yours! I'm missing our library very badly.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Much better to smile than dwell on the sad stuff, Heather!