Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 January 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Everyone have a wonderful week!

Bear on the Path
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
U.S. National Park Service/Warren Bielenberg
Photo Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• DIANE – Yes! That road may be long & winding but, yes!, one step at a time.

Sarcasm alert:- LINDA you wrote “they'll need to make sure that all the vulnerable, NHS staff, over 65s etc have had their two doses before they go on to the rest of the population.” Nah, let the cricketers have their jab, otherwise they may not be able to play in South Africa. Yes, it really has been suggested that Aussie cricketers jump the queue!!! <Insert sweary words>

Hot hot hot. It was 31 C at 7 am. I am not venturing outside; OH has kept the bird bath filled. I have mentioned we have dry heat. This morn the humidity was 5%. I doubt I have known it so low. Oh, the temp now? It’s reached 42 C

• Just a thought

When was the last time you just closed your eyes and just listened? (Maxime Lagacé)

• Evening all:   You'd think that with just 30 or so pieces left in a jigsaw puzzle it would be getting easier to figure out where they should go, right?  Wrong.  But finally finished Starry Night, admired it, then bundled it back into its bag and put the box in the spare bedroom closet, then put the fold up table back in the garage and now have room for yoga without having to move chairs, tables, etc... The actual jigsaw had much more detail than the photo on the box, which made a real difference when it came to looking for a small or odd splotch of color or brush stroke.   Am working my way through The List.  :-)  Fed the roses, moved all potted plants out onto the patio for a treat given the upcoming rains (hurray - real water), found the missing box of push pins, reserved more library books.  Oh and did grocery shopping too.  

Diane:  Thanks for starting us off and for the encouraging words (but will keep an eye out for bears).

AQ: Don't like the sound of high temps plus such very low humidity..  AI bet the birds love the birdbath.  It's amazing how quickly water evaporates under those conditions.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Unknown said:
    finally finished Starry Night, admired it,

Well done, soooo annoying,when just a few to fit,calls for all your discipline ,not to give in..

Unknown said:
    fold up table back in the garage and now have room for yoga

makes such a difference when the space is reclaimed. That's Why i pleased Diane introduced us to jigsaw planet, and as i save them it's lovely to look back.

• Good morning, all. Heavy frost outside, and heavy snow forecast for the rest of the morning. It will look pretty, and I don't need to go out today.

SunnyKate - I am also a fan of Jigsaw Planet. Now I have discovered I can change the number of pieces in each puzzle, it means I can do so many more as they now fit on my small screen! Still can't cope with the ones where you turn the pieces, though - I did complete one, but it was so frustrating I haven't tried another.

Have a good day, everyone.
  • I must investigate Jigsaw Planet! I think I may have said that before.
    ANNETTE - if I write a list of jobs, will you come here and do them? I do spend more time thinking than actually doing. The thinking takes up more time than the doing, I find.
    Nothing exciting happening here today other than deciding what to cook for dinner.
    Arm is fine, just a little tender around injection site. I won't say any more, I imagine that the topic could be exhausted ?!!
    Hope everyone has a good day and that poor AQ hasn't melted.
  • I still like doing jigsaws on the dining table and as we have a decent sized table there is plenty of space left for 4 to eat. Not that we have guests at the moment!! Unlike Annette I usually leave mine up for 2 or 3 days before I take them apart. I am about 1/2 way through 1 at the moment.

Cold morning but hopefully ok underfoot.
  • ANNETTE Just looked up "Starry Night". That is one mind blowing jiggie. I am doing "Santas Workshop" which I got last Christmas.
  • Annette, I shuddered when you described your jigsaw as having lots of blue sky. Ugh. I avoid those, now  Well Done on finishing!

Good Morning, Everybody, and Many Thanks to Diane for the gorgeous pic of the wandering bear.

Going to just potter today - my OH has gone out with Bonnie to investigate the crispy landscape after our snow from yesterday froze overnight.

He put up the two new bedroom blinds with no trouble yesterday and they look clean and fresh after the old ones, which were very tired looking. Now he needs to get to The Tip this week with the old ones and all the packaging - one of them was very large as we had a big picture window put in, to enjoy our lovely view :-)

• Golfing friend of my OH says he got his Covid jab yesterday, which is impressive as he is only just 70 so they must be doing well around here.