Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 January 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe week, and you all find some joy. 

Sunrise through the Lodgepole Pines
Yellowstone National Park
US National Park Service NPS/Jacob W. Frank
Photo labeled public domain (copyright free). 

• SunnyKate2:   Thanks for posh link to Lindybird's excellent poem.   I hope the RSPB can reproduce it all at the center (with credit of course).

Brilliant (not) start to the morning when I got my first cup of coffee and current book and settled back in bed for a nice read, but then raised my arm to fix pillow and in doing so, managed to hit lampshade, which toppled lamp, which toppled onto cup, which sent coffee flying EVERYWHERE - bedside table, carpet, bedside rug, stash of library books, box of tissues, iPhone, slippers, closet doors, mirror on closet doors, runners for closet doors.  Arghhhh.  Just what you need: 40 minutes of on-your-knees cleaning before you're even awake or even managed a first sip of coffee. Now waiting for carpet to dry to see if I got it all out...  Make me wary about how the rest of the week will go.

I also have a large skillet with a lid which holds two days-worth of dinner. Any dish that can save an evening at the stove works for me.  

Hope OG is doing okay.

• Annette - I'm really sorry, but your early morning escapades did make me laugh! So easily done - just one small wrong move and ... oops! Hope everything is now back to normal, with no stains. With a start like that, the week can only get better.

It's been a very grey day here today, but dry. Unfortunately we seem to be in for a couple of days of very heavy rain. We just get the odd promise of something better and then another deluge. I worry for areas further north, where their rivers and land are already saturated. More rain they do not need.
  • Oh dear, Annette: a really bad start to the day instead of the relaxing you intended! I hope the carpet isn't stained.

Pat, it's been grey here, with drizzle off and on (or is that on and off?). But we began the day with a spectacular sunrise:

• Lindybird - the sunrise is stunning. Often get sunrises sunsets posted in our particular group on FB and there are some really great ones.

SunnyKate - saves me searching for Lindy's poem, thanks for the smart link - haven't mastered that yet.
  • There's still a stain on the carpet!   Will have to go after it tomorrow with 'magic' solution from professional carpet cleaners during their last visit (before new  carpet).  

Lindybird:  Lovely pix.

Last warmish day here before high winds and fire warnings, then we settle down again.  

Take care everyone.  :-)

• Detour to library on way home this morn to collect my inter-library ordered book plus 2 maybe-interesting. I sat in car knitting for ½ hour as library doesn’t open until 10 am. On my way out, I found the contact-tracing sign-in sheet. <sigh> My phone is just a phone. It does not have the app with the QR code.

• Reading does serious damage to stupidity. (sign on bookstore)

A book is a gift you can open again and again. (Garrison Keillor)

My problem with reading books is that I get distracted by other books.