Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 January 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe week, and you all find some joy. 

Sunrise through the Lodgepole Pines
Yellowstone National Park
US National Park Service NPS/Jacob W. Frank
Photo labeled public domain (copyright free). 

• Well it's all done, Pfizer vaccine and I was a brave girl !!! Then off to supermarket with daughter #1.
  • Well done, Heather. I'm off this afternoon.
  • Unknown said:
    Fifty people failed to show up for their vaccinations today and at 5:30 the clinic staff was frantically calling people to come and in get them so they wouldn't be wasted

That is unbelievable.  That makes us both really angry as I have yet to have my first dose.  Clare is very worried though I tell her not to.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• LIMPY My surgery texted me two days ago and gave me the option of cancelling by pressing a number on the message. It is dreadful to think that some folk just don't turn up. I feel angry about that, also. I hope that you get your vaccine soon x
  • AQ Glad your appts have been rescheduled for a better time.
  • LINDY Glad you have had your jab. OHs Dad who will be 89 in less than a week refused twice, but third time lucky and he finally had it on Wednesday. What a relief.
  • LIMPY I do hope you get your vaccine very soon.

Read about LINDY feeling a bit groggy afterwards, reminded me that many moons ago I persuaded a friend to go with me to give blood.."You will be fine' I said. Well she wasn't fine, she felt dizzy and had to lie down. I felt so guilty. I don't think I will be offered my jab for a while as I am 64.
  • Glad that some of us have had their first jab recently. Limpy, I read that your part of the country seems to be having a patchy result when they count up the number of jabs given -- bad luck, but with the roll out ongoing I'm sure they will be trying to correct those places where it doesn't seem to be happening yet. Thinking of you.

We had snow right after I posted this morning, quite heavy downfall, so I put off going out until nearly lunchtime. I didn't want to leave going shopping until tomorrow as I heard a forecast of very low temps tonight, and it will be awful tomorrow when all this slush freezes over - difficult both driving and walking.
  • I've been massaging injection site to encourage spread of the stuff. Just an old thing learned donkeys years ago.

• I had my jab this afternoon, also Pfizer. All very efficient, and I was in and out in about twenty minutes. Heather, I keep massaging the site, as you suggest. It's a bit sore where the needle went in, but I can work around that! Reading the literature I was given, the manufacturers are recommending the second dose should be between three and six weeks. I gather there is a lot of discussion in the media along the same lines. So I now wonder when I will have the second dose? I still maintain the manufacturer's recommendation should be followed, and not ideas coming from politicians. But who am I????