Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 January 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe week, and you all find some joy. 

Sunrise through the Lodgepole Pines
Yellowstone National Park
US National Park Service NPS/Jacob W. Frank
Photo labeled public domain (copyright free). 

• Not been on since beginning of the week so hope all is ok with you all.

Spent today quietly with flowers from the family and a birthday Zoom meeting tonight. As one can't go out we made the best of things.
  • Thank you, Diane. You're very kind. I felt honoured to be asked for my permission.

Annette: Apparently there are some people who don't turn up for their jabs, every day. 50 of them is shocking, though. It sounds as if our local clinic is working around this by having extra people booked in for each hour - you have an appointment time, my OH says, but when you turn up whether you're early or late, you are straight inside for your turn.

Diane, I loved your dream! I've been to Australia too, in my dreams, but to put my toes in the sand and feel warm. I'm afraid AQ, that I didnt get around to knocking on your door!
  • Lynette -- see you've been on whilst I've been writing. Is it your birthday? Happy Belated Birthday, glad you had some flowers.
  • DIANE – Strange dreams for strange times. I don’t know what I was doing in a rural location – how would I survive without being close to a variety of libraries? Anyway you & ANNETTE are welcome (and anyone else). . . perhaps not this year as our borders are still closed unless you play cricket or tennis. As for farming, Aussieland is so dry that 640 acres is not a large farm. The credit selections had to be increased to 1,000 acres to be worthwhile, to be able to raise a family. Now even those farms have been amalgamated into even larger properties with famers using huge machines to sow & reap. I saw in Mid-North a farm where the fences had been removed to make it easier to work the satellite-controlled machines. BTW the credit selectors were not allowed to run sheep; they had to sow crops, wheat mostly, barley on Yorke Peninsula. Only when fully paid off, could the farmers choose what to do with their land. Now there are also paddocks of canola, peas, fava beans.

Thank you ALL for encouraging words. I read them when I feel droopy. Yesterday pm I was suddenly very tired and had to lie down before tea. Unusual for me to be too tired to read! I’m not happy with next week’s zap times. Earliest is 9.18 am and others between 11 & 12. Car park is full by 9 and so too nearby streets. At least Tues is a public holiday (Australia Day). This weekend expecting 39 & 41 C. Our church has cancelled its “play date”, a cricket match for young people. Some Adelaide hills wineries not opening for weekend festival (too risky with high fire danger). I am hibernating or whatever the summer equivalent is.

• Just a thought

Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful. (Thich Nhat Hanh)

• Someone heard my grumbles. A phone call - two of the 11-ish appts have been changed to 10 am. Still parking problem but at least I won’t be out in the worse heat.
  • AQ:  Don't you qualify for some kind of special parking permit?  

Lynette:  Happy Birthday - to you??

Lindybird:  Niece reports that at SiL's clinic, people are showing up was too early for appointments and have to sit outside in horrible weather until they're appointment time and getting stroppy about it.  Sigh.  

• LYNETTE: Happy Birthday! (Now Belated.) I hope it was wonderful!
  • LYNETTE Happy Birthday yesterday
  • Good Morning. Just.

AQ - Good that you got changed away from a midday time - can imagine how hot that is! The tiredness may be the fatigue I warned you about - my OH began to feel tired during his second week. He felt tired for a few days after the final session, then returned to normal. So don't feel guilty if you need a bit of a zzz now and then. Be kind to yourself!
    We are all thinking of you.

I've had my Covid Jab this morning, and was told I could sit in my car in the car park for the statutory 15 mins afterwards if I wanted. After only 5 minutes, I felt very light headed and wished I'd sat in the waiting room. However, I recovered enough to drive home. My OH made me a cup of tea and I've been sitting ever since. Hopefully, I should be OK now. The list of possible reactions on the paper they gave me was very long..... LOL!