Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 January 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe week, and you all find some joy. 

Sunrise through the Lodgepole Pines
Yellowstone National Park
US National Park Service NPS/Jacob W. Frank
Photo labeled public domain (copyright free). 

• There is always someone worse off than ourselves. I'm glad for your friend, DIBNLIB, a job is a job x
    And HARELADY, I do hope that your son and partner can get something soon. At least my son still has a business and has been able to get loans, grants etc. And I help where I can.
  • The sun's shining brightly! Can hardly believe it after two solid days of rain.

AQ - A great milestone. Keep hanging in there - when I used to do long-distance walking I found it very encouraging, as the muscles started aching unbearably, to think there was more behind me than in front of me. That maxim seems to be working for you as well. Onward and upward!

Lindy - Those pictures of your garden and the fields behind your house are terrible. We see the floods on television and it's bad - but when it impacts on those you know, somehow it's even worse.

I have just had 'the call' - my vaccination will be on Saturday. They do seem to be rolling on quite quickly in a lot of areas - sorry other areas are falling behind.

Take care, everyone.
  • Good morning - yes, I woke up! Had my breakfast at 9 o'clock and still awake! Now typing for magazine - all looks straightforward - including plans for fortnightly Zoom services through Feb anbd March, and also Lent studies.

J's starter failed yesterday afternoon - AA awaited. Cleaning day for OH - majoring on shower rooms.
  • Harelady - Don't feel too guilty. The more of us who have the jab, the better for everybody, and of course a lot of it seems random as the supply is spasmodic but when they have a few hundred to spare, they are just getting anyone in to try and add to the number of us who are "done" for now. As you say, the doctors you are registered with makes a difference and also the way it is stored means that some areas cannot use the one which needs very cold temps.

I like to think that everyone involved is doing their very best to get as many vaccines administered as possible and that in a few weeks, they will only be needing to "mop up" the ones who have been missed for one reason or another.
  • OG - Pleased to hear you are awake! and firing on all cylinders, by the sound of it. Unlike Js car.

At least you are with the AA and someone will come to you.

Flooding in places in nearby villages here where they don't usually have a problem, so that seems to make my floods justified, if you know what I mean. It's not going down yet as although its not raining, Of course the snow is melting all around and adding to the water laying everywhere.
  • Oh dear HEATHER. Hope you can manage to get some peace.
  • LINDA - no floods or snow or even rain here - and some sunshine occasionally! Although you often mention a lack of hiils, we need to remember that the Cheshire plain receives a lot of run-off from the Derbyshire hills, as well as that which normally comes via the rivers - that's why it is such good dairy country! I hope the back garden will be clear in the next few days, and won't have had time to rot the roots of your lovely plants and shrubs.
  • The snow is melting fast here. We SPLOSHED all the way round our dog walk this morning.
  • My daughter decided to go for a walk with her two girls,after ' school '. They were on the High Street (Mum needed shopping) which entailed quite a bit of dodging other people etc. The younger one had been asked by her teacher ( online) to try and post a photo of something interesting. She spotted a bird and proceeded to take a picture. Her big sister, who it has to be said, would have preferred to stay at home, said in a good humoured way 'Do you mean that I have put my life at risk so that you could get a photo opportunity?'
  • HEATHER - so pleased second GD got her bird photo - but loved reaction of big sister! Who knows, this could be the beginning of a career in bird protography!

More sunshine - looks a lovely afternoon . Engineer tested car electrics - it was actually the battery which was dead flat - apparently happening to lots of cars because of lack of use in lockdown.