Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 January 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe week, and you all find some joy. 

Sunrise through the Lodgepole Pines
Yellowstone National Park
US National Park Service NPS/Jacob W. Frank
Photo labeled public domain (copyright free). 

• LINDY How lovely that your poem will be used by LG.

A cold morning again but OH assures me there is just an air frost and I should be ok to walk with a friend in 50 mins.
  • Less than a minute after I posted the above I spotted a red squirrel peeping in through the dining room patio windows. It was less than 3 feet from me. It moved off to the fence and had a preen before going out of sight.
  • Yes, cold up here as DIBNLIB says.
    ANNETTE - What a pain to have coffee everywhere. I have done similar but not recently. It won't stop us reading in bed, though. One of life's treats that I have enjoyed since childhood! On the bright side, it won't be as bad as kiddie sick....
  • Oooh! Dibnlib: how lovely to see one up so close. They are so pretty. We have seen them when we have taken a trip to Lancashire to see the woods near Crosby which is a protected area. Only managed to see them a couple of yards away there, though. There are some in the woods we visit when in Anglesey in Wales, but we have never spied one yet as we always have a dog with us and they are very wary, in spite of the very tall trees there!

Grey and wet here. Not so cold, though. MY OH had to wait for the rain to stop before he could take Bonnie out this morning. He is increasingly cross about the vast amount of litter he is now picking up when out in the fields, as everyone is taking their exercise allowance by traipsing around there, and then leaving beer bottles, cans, and paper packaging from their food!

Annette. Shame about your carpet. Hope the stain comes out.

AQ - Love the quotes. I've not been in our library for a long time, but I do love them. Always something to drool over! Hope you're still feeling OK.

I'm back to looking at new window blinds for our bedroom - the main window one nearly came apart last night, its so old, and well overdue to be replaced. I would have liked some more venetian type blinds but my OH is against it, so looking at more traditional roller blinds again and there seems to be a sale on with the direct order company we used recently. Bet the patterns I like best are not in the sale, LOL!
  • LINDY - I hope your poem is used, it's brilliant x I met Margo for the first and only time when she came to volunteer. She was so excited. I do remember, though, that she found the nights cold!
  • Thank you, Heather. It was very exciting to be asked, but I decided at the time not to tell anyone until it was all installed. However, as things are the way they are now, I just don't know when it will all happen now, so guess it might even be next year before that's the case. Have to be patient for now, I suppose.

My OH went to the allotment yesterday to check on things but is now moping around the house with nothing to do. He has been trying to get in touch with local associations to enquire about volunteering & offering his help with the nearby Covid vaccination centre.
  • Lindy - I'm sure your OH will be welcomed with open arms (oops - sorry - not allowed - but you know what I mean!) at your local vaccination centre. Our local centre is crying out for receptionists, greeters, car park people - so many roles for which I am sure he is very well suited.

Hope our friends in the north - and over the border - will not be too badly affected by Storm Christoph which seems to be flying towards us. Take care.

Also hope everything will go smoothly in US over the next few days, and that Trump will stay well in the background. Hope his threat to come to Scotland won't materialise - it would be embarrassing for him to be turned away at the airport ... although quite amusing.

Annette - I do hope the stain has come out of the carpet. Sorry I laughed - there's not much that amuses me at the moment.
  • LINDY Can't remember if I posted that we had 10 sightings the other day. Our squirrels must be used to dogs as they don't seem bothered and certainly Benson isn't interested.

How I hate litter, there is no excuse. Don't people know that drinking beer and eating is not classed as exercise.
  • Ah, but you should be trying to laugh, every day, Pat. I know things are grim in lots of ways, but we must ride the waves. Every time I begin to feel sorry for myself, I pull myself up and remember that my poor dear Friend is not here with us, any more, and how she would have been full of fun and advice in the present situation. She would have said "It's not the end of the world, get on with it!!'

So we laugh, often. I look for happy things, and send my friends lots of jokes on social media, to cheer them up, too. We only watch cheerful things on TV. I sleep well: there's no point in losing sleep over things you have no control over. This situation is awful but it will pass. One day we will look back on it.
  • GP surgery just phoned. I'm to get vaccine this Saturday. I'm only just 75 so they must be ploughing through at a good rate !