WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY, JANUARY !0, 2021

Back later to catch up.

• Silly, I know, but it made me laugh!

• Morning All. Heather -  I had the 2nd full blood count test on Tuesday, which apparently tests for diabetes, plus kidney and liver function. I was convinced they would tell me something was wrong but I called yesterday and was told they were all normal. Now we have to find out why my blood pressure is so high. I use the wrist monitor at home and its normal but when I had it checked at docs on 2 days running it was high - 152/110 - then 180/110 - I know some people say it is "white coat syndrome" but I am not a nervous type so I will take my unit with me when I go next week with my weeks worth of readings and get them to check it again.

Hope OG can get her IT sorted soon.

I was up at 6 today after the best nights sleep for a while so was out to Waitrose at 8 but had to re-route as the direct road was flooded again and it looked deep so turned round and went another way. There were lots of offers today so I have stocked up the freezer and  they had 3rd off Prosecco - £6.99! so I treated myself to a bottle. I have one of those gadgets that lets you keep fizz still fizzy and it works really well.

Well shall have to do some housework to get some exercise today! 

Keep well everyone and lets hope the injection rollout speeds up. My part of the Country has the lowest numbers of injections so far though.

• Well done, Harelady, on getting some bargains and being out so early! It is quieter in the shops if you can manage to be early. Highly approve of the Prosecco purchase - especially if you can get it to keep for longer by keeping in the fizz!

Cant help you with the high blood pressure conundrum. I certainly have White Coat Syndrome, even when I try to keep calm about it and do deep breathing etc! It could still be stress even though you say you don't get nervous: we're all stressed at the moment, with all the bad news constantly coming at us!
  • Oh goodness, too fast with the fingers and lost my post.
    HARELADY - good that your bloods were OK. Your home recordings will definitely help.
    ANNETTE- all I can say is that I picked up the Passport this morning and something was working, I could feel that it was active !
  • LINDY Sounds like a good idea, brothers!!!!
  • LINDY The silly ones are the best ones.
  • HARELADY Never mind the gadget, just drink the lot!!
  • Morning all:

Harelady:  Good idea to take your BP thingy along for them to check, but nice to know everything else is normal.  Bravo on the Prosecco purchase. I'll have to check out that device to keep in the fizz. We don't drink bubbly stuff much and consequently it goes flat.  

When my sister and BiL first put their house on the market a few years back, the Escape to the Country people wanted to include it in their program, but the contact person kept calling my BiL by the wrong name, which p****d off BiL so much he told him where to put his program.  I don't think my sister was too thrilled about that.   I've watched some of the same kinds of programs on TV here and can't believe how entitled some buyers seem, especially some of the younger ones, turning up their noses and one thing or another....  I grew up in a house where I had frost on the inside of my bedroom window and my Dad's old army coat on my bed for extra warmth and have no patience with entitled brats whining over the wrong colored granite countertops.  Rant over!  :-))

Take care all.

• Hi, all. 

Well, apparently, there's still a major Internet outage in Scotland. I checked Dumfries, Annan, and the Glasgow region. Also, someone was complaining in the comments about a total internet cut-off in places in the Highlands. According to what I read, the outage extends to other carriers, not just BT. 

I woke up today worried about OG and EE. I hope I'm understanding what I'm reading, and they are simply suffering from technology woes. I've lost her phone number. Sigh. Thought I'd share what I read. I don't fully understand your system. It differs from the U.S.

https://istheservicedown.co.uk/status/bt-british-telecom/2648579-glasgow-glasgow-city-scotland-united-kingdom

https://istheservicedown.co.uk/status/bt-british-telecom/2650798-dumfries-dumfries-and-galloway-scotland-united-kingdom

https://istheservicedown.co.uk/status/bt-british-telecom/2657293-annan-dumfries-and-galloway-scotland-united-kingdom

• Unknown said:
    My part of the Country has the lowest numbers of injections so far though.

Tell me about it.  Vaccinations start in Felixstowe tomorrow (it was supposed to be last Monday).  Please let them get to Limpy quickly.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.