WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY JANUARY 3, 2021

Oh my, and I remember when we had to write 1950 on our school work   

Anyway, went for a walk on New Year's Day and here's a photo looking down on West Beach in Santa Barbara.

• Have just written a long post without checking I was signed in. Rude word. Lost the will now. I will wait until tomorrow.
  • LOL, SunnyKate.

Am now enjoying a glass of mulled wine, which we bought ready mixed and then warm gently in the microwave.
  • Oh, Rosy! The times I've done that! And tomorrow you'll have forgotten what you wrote in the 1st place.
  • Just had to sign in again, Rosy. It seems if you're off for a couple of days they write you off until you sign in again.

Well, all this trouble in America. Personally can't believe a word DT says anymore . To me he became more like a dictator as President. Reading in the paper it said that he wants to try again in 2024!! I think when the dust settles America will realise it is better off without him. Just hope they give Joe Biden a chance to get on top of things. Inauguartion always happens just before my birthday, let's see what it brings this year.

Not a lot happening down here. Frosty mornings, cloudy days with a bit of sunshine. Still feeling quite cold. Thanks for all your news.
    Just about to pour myself a rum and coke. Have a good weekend all.
  • HEATHER & KATE – I had a good laugh at your expense. I’m not losing my marbles; I still blame my aberrations on brain fog, the aftermath of general anaesthetic. Not sure how long I can make that claim, though I do remember being unable to do crosswords for 3 months after a knee op 13 years ago.

OG – Sometimes reducing meds to zero and starting again works. I hope J continues well.

Hey ALL YOU with snow. Please package some and send priority post. Our Monday is predicted 37 with (hot) north winds.

Large parts of Brisbane are in a sudden 3-day severe lockdown because the new mutant virus has been detected. Masks to worn at all times, even when driving alone. Needless to say, state borders closed and holidaymakers upset.

• Never trust someone who takes hours to text you back, but, when you hang out with them, they check their phone every minute.

I hate it when people text "Call me." I'm going to start calling people and as soon as they answer I'll say "text me," then hang up.

I'm having people over to stare at their phones later, if you want to come by. . .

• Hi all: A busy day here - a result of suddenly realizing we were running out of practically everything. Laundry at the top of the list tomorrow to be followed by ironing. How exciting can it get? Watching developments etc in DC and beyond. Facebook and Twitter have banned DT - ha! - too little too late guys! Grrrrr.

Have a good Saturday all.
  • Good Morning. Still dark here. Only snow in the garden now is the big disc of ice which my OH tipped out of the bird bath a week ago.

In a daze that it's supposed to be the weekend already: the days this week seem to have strangely merged. AQ - thanks for the quotes.

My OH has been tidying up the garage a little, as that's where our gas boiler lives, and he's finally given in and asked our plumber to come next week and put in a new one. I was terrified that our old leaky boiler would give out during a cold spell and it might take a week to get a new one put in!