WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY JANUARY 3, 2021

Oh my, and I remember when we had to write 1950 on our school work   

Anyway, went for a walk on New Year's Day and here's a photo looking down on West Beach in Santa Barbara.

• Ha, ha, Clare! Thanks for your wonderful sense of humour!

Kind regards, Ann

• Warped, you mean!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• A cautionary note - a neighbour of my sister in a small village in Somerset is 92. He had heard several people younger than him in the village had been vaccinated, and he had not been called. He rang the local surgery, and they said, 'Oops - just pop down and we'll do it for you!' Not very professional, but a reminder to all of us to keep up with what's happening locally.

The sun has actually made an appearance today Certainly not very warm, though. No snow, although apparently it's not far away. We had some nasty wet sleety stuff this morning, but now it's really quite nice - for January.

Keep the humour going, Clare. Good to smile at your words.
  • Clare Bailey said:
    For anyone worried about having the vaccine I've read that TeeJay has had both his jab and his booster, and is fine

Yes, my surgery and a neighbouring one which formed a hub were very efficient. I had my first jab (the Pfizer one) before Christmas and the booster dose on Tuesday. Nothing to worry about. If you're offered it I recommend you go for it. As you will have read you'll probably now have to wait 12 weeks for the second jab after the first one.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Hello on Wednesday. OH didn’t have tooth out yet – Dentist is trying to set it up for minimum time without denture, but technician is setting his own covid rules re transport. She will let us know when she has drawn up a new timetable, which may involve her taking it and fetching it back herself.

ROSY – co-op loyalty payback was “the divi” (dividend) as you joined up and became a “shareholder.” But at other shops you might collect Green Shield Stamps – remember those? – and there was a rival scheme whose stamps were black and yellow – (if I remember right). I hope your OH is continuing to improve.

LYNETTE – pleased to see you got your order bookings in for three weeks. I heard a prediction this morning – not sure who it was – that this lockdown could last well into March!

GARDENBIRDER – good idea to quarantine DT somewhere without luxuries – but not sure whether any will remain in business! Perhaps detain him as an alien in asylum seekers’ hostel? Wonder whether US would bother to extradite him to face charges?

AQ – good that you have succeeded in stopping some of the charity mail. I will support where I choose, but not if they come as unsolicited mail. Like the MLK quote – currently so true.

LINDA – minus 2 here this morning – went up to plus but going dark earlier today – may be tomorrow’s snow coming in early.

DIBNLIB – nice that you and friend walked together today. I expect the dogs enjoyed it too.

PAT – well done that 92-year-old in Somerset who demanded his jab – I hope he will get his second one on schedule.

TEE-JAY – stay well, and thanks for the advice – although I am hoping we get the Astra-Zeneca one here.

Because OH was without anything planned due to dentist problem, I persuaded him to unpack and hang a new light fitting for our bedroom, and then to transfer a shelf from the kitchen, which will be surplus to requirements there, into the hallway where the wee table was so cluttered with stuff connected to our internet hub. It looks good – finished and cleared up. J is making our dinner this evening.
  • Couldn't write on here at lunchtime as was on the tablet, and no way would it post anything...

Not had time to go on my desktop as busy packing everything up and dusting. Writing on my mobile which can give me a headache as the lettering is so tiny. Its been a really cold day but I threw a few things on the line outside, in the glimmer of sunshine. Now they're finishing off, hanging up.

Just had a laugh as Trump making yet another speech about how he "won the election." :-D

• OG -- -- The things for the WiFi, like the router, do need to have a home, I find. A shelf of it's own sounds like a good idea to me. Sorry EE has to wait for his teeth to be done.

Our Youngest said at lunchtime that he thought it was trying to snow where he is in the Midlands. We just had freezing temps which hardly lifted all day.

Everyone keep well and warm! (AQ excepted of course!)
  • Finger crossed that the Biden administration will be able to quickly reverse the devastating damage which the DT admin has done to environmental laws. The Audubon Society in the US has posted that at least 125 laws protecting the environment have been cancelled or made weaker in the last four years by the DT administration, including things like permitting more exploration and extraction for oil in Alaska in what has previously been land protected from such activity. The current policy of the Audubon Society (not sure if it has been imposed on them or if they chose it) prohibits them from receiving any contributions which are not in US Dollars and they cannot post anything to any foreign address. When I inquired, they suggested that I contribute instead to Birdlife International, another worthy organisation. The profit from Birdfair at Rutland Water goes to Birdlife International projects.

OG, Love the hostel idea but would anyone agree to have the bed next to him?! As for extraditing DT back to the US if he leaves it, I expect there are thousands of people there anxious to prosecute him, including possibly some he has fired after having appointed them to a job, and they would hope to have him back to attempt to put him behind bars. Furthermore, would any democratic country actually want to have him living in their country?! They'd be thrilled to kick him out, or at least I hope so.

Edit:  Lindy, Just saw your pics.  Love the cartoon and who wrapped the board?!  You or your OH? ...Or isn't it your pic but another cartoon?

Kind regards, Ann