WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY JANUARY 3, 2021

Oh my, and I remember when we had to write 1950 on our school work   

Anyway, went for a walk on New Year's Day and here's a photo looking down on West Beach in Santa Barbara.

• If DT turns up in Scotland anyway, we thought it would be fitting if he was put into isolation for 2 weeks in a Premier Inn or something smaller--not even any gold taps at a Premier Inn! Absolutely no golf allowed. And they could deport him after 2 weeks and send him back to huge numbers of prosecutions (I hope!) in the USA. If only...

Kind regards, Ann

• Few people in supermarket this morn, probably still feasting on last week’s huge trolley-loads. I topped up bread, fruit & veg.

I had only put out half a dozen Ch-mas decs and it took no time to pack away. It took longer to replace box up in cupboard. Postie should be back to “normal” deliveries this week and no late cards received.

I hope begging emails from Georgia will cease after today. Too bad one can’t “return to sender”. I have stopped unsolicited charity letters by replacing stuff in post-paid envelope and posting back with request to remove me from mailing list; so far no repeat mail.

• Just a thought

But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough can you see the stars. (Martin Luther King, Jr.)

• Good Lord. Wouldn't wish DT on anyone - well maybe Vladimir. Prosecutions, etc. are the kindest of the misfortunes I've heard wished on him.... . Continued pruning roses today, then went for walk planning to pick up some light bulbs from the hardware store on the way back only to find I'd lost my face mask en route. More of the same tomorrow....

Take care everyone.
  • Good Morning. Very frosty here. Woke up to minus one degree, with everything white over, so we could do with stealing some warmth from you both.

Much debate about how quickly the vaccine can be rolled out. I read about Europe yesterday, and wondered why the British were moaning: France has so far vaccinated the huge amount of.........1,000 people.
  • Woke up to a lovely cold crisp morning. Birds fed and bird bath defrosted. Had a lovely walk with my friend and her 2 dogs...the first for a couple of weeks.
  • Lindybird said:
    wondered why the British were moaning

Along with queueing, it's a national pastime.

The vaccine rollout seems uneven here.  Our nearest big town, Ipswich, started weeks ago - Felixstowe starts on Monday. while many people living out in the sticks have a longer wait.  I'll be very relieved when Limpy is done.

For anyone worried about having the vaccine I've read that TeeJay has had both his jab and his booster, and is fine.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Unknown said:
    Wouldn't wish DT on anyone

I would.  There must be a lost island of cannibals somewhere.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.