WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY DECEMBER 27, 2020

Hallo all.  Re dishwashers, we just fill it up and run it whenever that happens.   Re gifts, my OH was fretting again that my hedge trimmer wasn't much of a 'gift' even though I wanted it.  I got it organized today, charged the battery and it's all ready to go.  Meanwhile, he's thrilled with the four-slice toaster, which seems to the job in record time. 

AQ: Re a previous 'thought,' what bothers me is that I eat light and healthy between New Year and Christmas but then undo it all just between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Went for a walk this morning and all kinds of bits were jiggling along behind.  

Heather:  I'm sure your gift from daughter wasn't mere wrinkle cream but a very exotic and expensive moisturizer. :-)    Maybe buy her a book on how to stay in shape as you age?  Just kidding.  

Lindybird:  A too-small hat and ice-defrosting spray for the car?  And no flowers either.  :-(    By the way, what made you decide on that lovely painting of the sailboats rather than one of the two you'd previously mentioned?  I love the winter-time photos.  I always liked walking in winter when I lived there - it's quiet and sort of contemplative time of year.

Diane:  Is it your computer or just online access?  We've been repeatedly bumped offline at certain times each day recently; the techy folks said it was simply that too many people were zooming, etc.  Do hope it's a comparatively easy fix.

OG:  Oh geez. No flowers for you either - and no houseplant - what does it take I ask!   Personalized signs on the motorways, as in  "Don't forget the flowers for your wife"?  That raspberry pavlova must've been wonderful - and chocolate cake too.  I've put on weight just reading about it.

A lovely sunset here tonight, with a storm working its way down the coast.   Grandson and partner are coming down tomorrow for lunch. I told him we had leftovers, etc., but he insists on bringing everything and will do all the work, 'so you don't have to do anything and can relax with a glass of wine."   What a sweetie he's turned into.  I'm very lucky.

Have a good Sunday all. 

• Good morning. What’s all this talk of snow? We had a frost from about 4pm yesterday, but no precipitation, and today sunshine is bringing temp up to +1 C. No intention of going out especially sales shopping! OH will food shop tomorrow – first time for a whole week, and make it last till next week! Then we shall need to sort out how we arrange meal planning to include J at home all the time.

LYNETTE – surprised you had singing in church – I thought it was still forbidden! I hope the chip fryer is an air fryer, not a deep fat fryer.

AQ – Dau’s visit brought some thoughtful treats – were either of her young ones able to get home for Christmas?

ANNETTE – sounds like a lovely day with Grandson and partner – nice to have that after the quiet Christmas Day.

LINDA – thanks for snow photos. Funny, seeing the one from kitchen window, I always imagined your house the other way round, with conservatory to left of kitchen – I now have to turn you round in my head! How sweet of your OH to build a snowman!

HEATHER – the family are right – do as you are told! Black ice can take you by surprise.

Not a busy day today – but full of little jobs. J is being very helpful – though currently doing his knee and shoulder exercises. Doesn’t feel like any sort of public holiday but I am still enduring the Ch decorations – will leave them up till Hogmanay and Ne’er’s Day.
  • OG That all sounds delicious.

Must look up those jigsaws that both OG and you have mentioned.
  • ANNETTE - did I read BBQ chicken? It must be very mild weather over there - unless you have an indoor thingummy :-)

OG - I'm so glad that J is helping.
  • OG So glad J is lending a hand. It gives him something to do as well as helping you both.

We had the youngsters over the road playing "Snow angels" I didn't join them!!

This morning we decided to go to Merkinch thinking it wouldn't be too bad underfoot as it is by the sea. How wrong we were, so we cut the walk short. OH is now walking Benson on his own, as I am a coward.
  • DIBNLIB - not a coward - just very sensible with your history of slips & slides and bumps & bruises.
  • The snowman my OH made this morning, before the little ones next door were up and about. A real carrot nose!

• Little Rosie, not impressed with having a cold bottom!!

• Morning all:

Lindybird. Like little Rosie, I too am not impressed with cold bottoms. How sweet of your OH to make the snowman.

Heather: Yes, indeed, you did read BBQ and it was on the patio.  It's mild enough here - or was yesterday, but last night a massive storm moved in and the rain was torrential for about an hour before becoming more sporadic.  This morning we had a few minutes of fierce hail that bounced all over the patio; now it's just raining steadily.   We're all thrilled and hope it's a harbinger of more to come, although there's a La Nina (dry) rather than an El Nino (very wet) weather pattern over the Pacific this year.

OG: Grandson's partner is taking down everything but the tree today and I have to say that the cards at our house are beginning to look untidy, toppling about, etc.  .

AQ; What is CBD?  We are very lucky here in that we have lots of open space and can at least get out and figures in our county aren't terrible (but bad enough).  

Off to find stuff to do on this rainy day.  No Tai Chi on the Y's patio I fear.

EDIT:  Oh by the way Lindybird; Costco has a sale on an extendable Rooftop Snow Removal Tool.  Maybe something your OH could buy to go with your windshield ice remover?  :-))

• LINDA - did the local children find that very impressive snowman? Cute photo of Rosie.
  • ANNETTE - didn't realise the young ones were staying over - good to have them there to help strip decorations. We don't stand our cards, they hang on strings in the hall and corridor with those tiny craft clthespegs - neatest way we have ever tried. I thought CBD was some derivative of cannabis!

Apparently new strain Covid cases are spreading here in lower Annandale - we are told to "go beyond the rules".